Sunday, December 16, 2012

Steep Learning Curve

42nd birthday in October.  Hoping the lessons stick so I don't have to learn them again.


Some of the stuff I learned:
  • You can let people in your life even though it is harder than keeping them out.  It turns out having more people in your life is better, not worse.
  • Carl being bishop means our lives are more public than they were before and it is ok.
  • People are genuinely good, just like Anne Frank said.
  • My first instinct is to shut down and withdraw but it is better to reach out.
  • Visiting teachers are the best.
  • People's experiences are legitimate.
  • It's good to let people help me.
  • My kids can ride their bikes places I can't take them, even though they don't anymore.  Lazy buggers.
  • My husband is going to be a great caretaker when I am old and infirm.
  • I don't care anymore about accumulating stuff.  Stuff is confusing.
  • I started doing guided meditation and it really helps me.
  • You can't control stuff so it is better if you just give up.  HF has a plan.

No comments: