Sunday, December 16, 2012

I can do hard things.

Nephew Kaveh sporting a stash.


Things that are hard for me:

  • Sitting still.
  • The baby theme of Christmas.  No "Away in a Manger" for me.  Merry Secular Christmas.
  • Going back to places for the first time.  Church was especially hard because I had envisioned how it would be once I had my babies.
  • Seeing people who don't know that my pregnancy ended.  I can tell by the looks on their faces when they don't know and it breaks my heart because I know they are going to feel bad when I tell them and I'm going to feel bad when I tell them.
  • The fact that I only have ultrasound photos to tell me what Duncan and George looked like.
  • The mustache pacifiers I bought for them because I thought they were hilarious.
  • Sitting around my dinner table and feeling like people are missing.
  • Carl and I felt like we were doing something new and adventurous and now we aren't.
  • Watching my family struggle individually.  
  • Thinking about the upcoming family ceremony that we must do even though I don't want to.
  • The keepsake ashes.  Want to see a picture?  I want to show everyone but it's too morbid. 

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am so grateful you are posting. I will keep praying for you. You really are doing very, very hard things.

Jeanelle said...

we really can do hard things and I especially liked the part about letting people in - so true. I'm glad you have a strong support system and I'm a firm believer in writing things down to help us get through hard times...keep going even when you don't feel like it.