Game time! Be the first or last to correctly guess the items pictured and win a prize. I don't know exactly what the prize will be, but you can rest assured it won't be anything I made. I buy things. Winners will be announced tomorrow night.
1. Lovely padded Relief Society chair found only in the RS room. You've got that right, Sister Marie.
3. Empty fancy water pitchers. Water and food WAS provided but the dessert was not chocolate.
4. Stanky diaper pail that everyone is afraid to open. I can still go in the Mother's Lounge, Paige. People do things other than nurse in there.
5. Ubiquitous divider curtain. Once I was reading a memoir and there was a picture of the writer in front of one of these babies and I knew immediately she was LDS.
6. Tithing envelope holder. I had to turn them around for privacy reasons. This is the point when the Stake President busted me taking pictures for Gab's "Reverance Book" that she is making me.
7. Martha's mother's couch. Or maybe just the extra fashionable couch in the foyer where people hang out during my Sunday school class.
8. Back of hymnal. Who decided they should be green, anyway?
9. I wish this wallpaper was found only in the gym, Courtney, but alas it is everywhere at my building.
10. Fire extinguisher that was used to spray all over thee building right after 9/11, thus causing church to be cancelled because of Anthrax Anxiety.
11. Gym floor, although sadly not ours. Ours also green ankle breaking carpet.
12. Exit sign. As if I needed another reason to sneak out of church early.

20 comments:
Celia: OK, no more anonymous spying from me. Besides, you haven't offered prizes before! Please let the prize be Double Chocolate Malted Krunch Thrifty ice cream! And I guess the spirituality Saturday night makes up for you taking these pictures during church today??
1. Padded chairs in R.S. room
2. Back of piano in Primary room
3. Glasses in kitchen cupboard
4. Diaper pail in mother's lounge
5. Folding door dividing chapel from gym
6. ?? Pamphlet holder or song page # holder?
7. Couch or Padded chair in foyer
8. Back of hymn book
9. Cruddy, scratchy wall in gym that hurts when you touch it.
10. Fire extinguisher
11. Gym floor
12. The "X" on the "EXIT" sign
Thanks for letting me play. I wish Ray were more into games. I miss games. (Sigh)
Ok, here goes:
1. RS Chair
2. Back of Piano
3. Glasses in Kitchen
4. Garbage Can in Mothers Lounge
5. Bapismal Font Divider
6. Song # Holders
7. Foyer Couches
8. Hymn Book (back)
9. Wall in Chapel
10. Fire Extinguisher
11. Gym Floor
12. Exit Sign.
How'd I do???
Cripes! She posted this while I was writing mine. BOOO. I was so excited I was first!
Ridiculously easy. People at church must have felt sorry for the sad girl taking pictures of the floor.
1.Overflow church chair. 2. back of piano 3. Pitchers from RS or to be used to fill sacto cups 4. Diaper pail 5. accordion doors that separate gym from chapel 6. Hymn holder 7. Your old rocker from Sears or the nasty nursing room chairs (what are you doing in there still, anyway?)
8.hymnbook 9. wallpaper in chapel normallly smeared with peanut butter 10 fire extinguisher, probably 50 years old. 11. gym floor 12.Exit sign.
I would like my prize to be in food. That you buy, NOT make. I like games. Give me more.
Courtney, you can't be anonymous on my blog either. I see you spying.
So far everyone has missed two. There will be a winner yet. I'm glad you came Courtney, thanks for playing Anne, and Paige, no one saw me taking pictures. I did it during Monson's talk at the broadcast. I have church ADD.
1. overflow chiar
2. back of piano
3. platic pitchers in kitchen
4. diaper pail in mothers lounge
5. classroom divider
6. hymn holder on back of seats
7. foyer couch
8.?
9. scratchy wall paper used throughout the church
10. fire extinguisher
11. gym floor
12. x in exit sign
My guesses are the same as everyone else's...except I think #3 is salt and pepper shakers. Cute idea! Maybe you should make this into a quiet book for my kids to enjoy during sacrament meeting.
I'm going to say that everyone is missing the tithing envelope holder (#6). Other than that, I think they are all pretty good guesses.
Wish I could have seen you taking pictures!
Thanks for bringing church to me. I didn't get to go yesterday, I was at the hospital all day (all week for that matter. Details to come on my blog.) with my grandpa. (Can you tell I am playing the sympathy card? Will that help me win?)
Anywho, here are my guess:
1. Folding chair. Possibly in the RS room since it is such a beautiful mauve color.
2. Back of the piano. Probably in the primary room since the chapel was full of people being spiritaully uplifted.
3. Pitchers in the kitchen. Why are they empty? Did you guys not get treats after the broadcast since it was Fast Sunday the next day? SAD!
4. Stinky stinky pail. Have you ever had a week where that pail din't get emptied? BAD news bears!
5. Accordion divider doors. I'm not going to guess where cause that might make my answer wrong. I just know they are accorion doors.
6. Tithing envelope holder?
7. Loverly foyer couches. When the church bought those they must have hit a major sale cause they are EVERYWHERE!
8.Back of the hymnal.
9.Scratchy wall. Again, I don't know the location but asuming not in the chapel since that is where you were SUPPOSED to be but weren't.
10. Fire hydrant.
11. Gym Floor.
12. X on exit sign.
I'm very anxious to hear what I won!!! (Just a little positive affirmation!)
Thanks for the fun. Haven't had any all week. boo hoo.
I don't know what #5 & # 12 are and I would have guessed pretty much the same as everyone else for the remainder, but for sure, #7 is the fabric on my mom's ugly family room sofa's that my dad is way too cheap to replace.
1. RS padded chair
2.back of a church piano
3.cups in the church kitchen (plastic)
4.garbage can in "mother's room"
5.room divider curtain
6. hymn book holder
7.fabric on the rocking chair in the "mother's room"
8.green padding behind basketball hoop in gym
9. fuzzy wall in gym
10. fire extingisher in hall
11. gym floor
12. x in exit sign in gym
I hope i win the prize!!
1. Padded folding chair in the R.S. room because that is the ONLY room they are supposed to be in.
2.back of lovely in-tune piano with nice big rubber bumpers so you don't scratch anything when you wheel it from room to room
3. Ornate water pitchers in the kitchen cupboard. I'm jealous, ours are so plain.
4. The diaper pail from the mother's room that works so well I wish I had one in my room...gag, gag.
5. Accordion doors between two classrooms.
6. Tithing envelope/slip holder in the foyer. (sorry I have to be hones and say I cheated from Rochelleht's answer) Does it still count?
7. The gorgeous couch in the foyer.
8. The back of the CHILDREN'S SONGBOOK. duh!
9. Hard to tell, but when zoomed in definitely the scratchy rug burn wallpaper that they are FINALLY putting up in our gym. The primary kids are coming home with a high each week from all the wallpaper glue they sniffed for an hour.
10. Fire extinguisher which has been recently checked by the STATE FIRE MARSHAL
11.Gorgeous gym floor. Jealous yet again...we have lovely green carpet to play volleyball and basketball on. Can you say rug burn?
12. The "X" from the "EXIT" sign.
Did I win? or am I too late to win. Is the contest over and I just wasted a half hour of my precious evening time? I hope not!
I think you should throw in a challenge question. Which building were these pictures taken in ????? At least with your church ADD you make it to the building to listen to the broadcast. I was not in the mood to drive 45 minutes to get to our Stake Center . . .
i loved that you took these photos during church service. you're my hero :)
Dang it! I don't get on for like 2 days and miss something really cool!! Do another one!!
hey i wanted to play!!! why did you post the answers?
I loved your church tour. I want you to do one with our deceiving words. We had a friend who brought his guitar to the stake center for a fireside. He thought he was going to a barbecue. Somewhat disappointing to sit on the mauve chairs and listen to speakers that had nothing to do with stereo equipment.
I cannot believe how much good stuff I missed.
I guess I enjoyed my cruise more...
oooooh, that is SOOOOO not fair. This contest was rigged! You are a religionist, that's what you are. Completely biased towards your own tribe. Something for the sinners, please!!!!
Post a Comment