Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Synopsis

Alice had a busy week playing outside and being stuffed full of food. I'll fatten her up yet. She likes to go in and out of the backyard and she will sit at the back door like a little dog waiting to be let out. She's ruining the knees of all of her pants. Alice has a nasty habit of standing up in her stroller or the shopping cart, even though she is strapped in. I end up carrying her and pulling the cart along. I'm sure that's what she wanted anyway. She can say mama, dada, night night and wave goodbye.
My Henry was chosen as the Student of the Month for September and got to have breakfast with the principal, who also happens to be a friend and fellow Sister in Zion. He was excited and proud. He also was able to play with someone after school almost every day, so his life was complete. No one likes friends more than Henry. Today he went for a bike ride and played some chess with his dad. He is trying his best to read his new Junie B. Jones books, but it is slow going.
Claire was also given an award at school this week. She is the Writer of the Month and she received a special pen. I hope she will use it to write slowly and neatly. She got some extra help from her music teacher this week and it looks like she will be able to play the clarinet. There was a question of whether she would be able to maintain the air pressure required for a wind instrument due to some holes in the roof of her mouth, so we are relieved that she was successful. She is playing the clarinet that Carl played in middle school. Claire = Clarinet!
Max went on a boy scout camp out last night without a jacket, so he was cold. His boots don't fit him anymore either and I had to buy him new jeans this week because he is getting so tall. My growing kids and the change of seasons is killing my budget. He picked out a new tie to wear to church tomorrow with his zebra belt. Whenever I am describing him to new ward members, I always tell them that he is the deacon with the fancy belt and they know just who I am talking about. Max had to do many extra jobs this week because Carl was gone, and I really appreciate him. I would appreciate him more if he didn't leave his socks lying around.

Carl decided today would be a good day to take the couch apart and wash the cushion covers. He made me go look at the dirty water in the washing machine and it was pretty disgusting. Carl was in Boston all week. He doesn't have any more business trips planned but he keeps reminding me that he could go to England if I just said the word. I hope he's not holding his breath. Carl went to see a friend playing in a rock band tonight. I was supposed to be his date but I am old and boring. Really, if he wanted me to go out on Saturday nights, he would arrange to have me released from teaching Gospel Doctrine.
This is me right after I had Alice. I don't want to talk about how I am cuter three weeks postpartum than I am ten months postpartum so please don't bring it up. Tonight I went to the RS Broadcast and managed to sit still and be spiritual, which is more than will probably happen tomorrow. This week I attended my monthly book club meeting and was delighted by the terrific apple crisp and pleasant company. Unfortunately, the book left something to be desired, but I was too chicken to say so. I attended a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law last Sunday and she was darling, as usual. She has a lot of family. I tried not to say anything inappropriate, which is always a stretch. I think I succeeded.

8 comments:

kara jayne said...

Too much to say, so I will be consise.

Love the header, I use the term groundhog day often to describe my life.

Have a daughter with slow and neat writing issues as well. argh!

Would love to know what your book club book was.

Love your kids names (I have either my own or nieces/nephews with the same names.

REALLY enjoy your blog.

Brigitta said...

Like the week synopisis. Kara, our book club book was Daniel isn't talking. It's about a little boys with autism. back to Celia love the pciture of you and baby Alice. Glad Claire is getting recognized for her talent.

Rochelleht said...

I loved the broadcast, too. It's so nice to spend a night being told how great we are over and over.

martha corinna said...

My husband would love to go see many a rock and roll band but I too am old and boring, plus I paid my dues as his groupie when he was in a rock and roll band.
Love the synopsis, very good documentation.
I say inappropriate things all the time and I quote Groundhog day way too much, at least my nerdy family understands and gets me.

Jake said...

Great recap!

It is amazing how much you look like my sister-in-law (who lives in Phoenix) and a girl who moved from our ward to upstate NY. Their names are Alicia and Samantha. Do you know them?

Paige said...

You have two kids who get recognized for their greatness, an adorable baby, and perfect Max. AND a husband who cleans things! Your life is perfect.

Rynna said...

Book clubs suck. The book always leaves something to be desired.

Jessica said...

(I know I don't have to comment on ALL the old posts) but you look so good in the picture. I love your hair.