Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Going Bananas: 4.1 of 4

I can't get it together to answer all of the questions and then post, so this is going to have to be in installments. They are all good questions and I like thinking about them.



Kitchen slave making kabobs so I can marinate and grill them, and then eat them for a week.


Good Time Charlie said...

Don't need Caffeine?

Really don't. Still likey though.


Mary said...
I have a requested post topic. :) Could you give us a breakfast, lunch, dinner (plus snacks) idea of what you eat?

Friday breakfast:

  • 1/2 cup quinoa that I make in batches and keep in fridge. If you ever make quinoa, rinse it a lot or it is gross.


  • Cup of frozen berries from Costco heated up in nuker.


  • 1/8 cup chopped almonds.


  • Fake sugar and everything else all mixed together. I like stevia so I can pretend it won't give me cancer.

Lunch:

  • 4 poached figs. Poached as in stolen.


  • 1/2 whole wheat lavash bread (like a wrap) spread with masala lentil dip from Trader Joe's.


  • Chopped cabbage and raw green beans as filling in the wrap.


  • Half a grapefruit.

Snack:


  • Half a cucumber with some white beans and bruschetta tomatoes from a can poured over it.


  • 1/8 cup wasabi peas.


  • More figs.

Dinner:

  • Celery and hummus.


  • Spinach shake.


  • Lettuce and dressing at trunk or treat.


  • About three bites of various Halloween chocolates.

Lindsey said...

So, my biggest questions are. .. are you sick of what you are eating?

No way. I sometimes wish I could eat more because it tastes so good.



How do you flavor your food?

A lot. Since I don't love cooking, I look for flavors (like bruschetta tomatoes) and then incorporate them into the food. Or I will take whatever sauce my family is eating and pour a little over my vegetables.

Jessica said...

My question: really? No cravings? Like, you lose weight because you aren't constantly fighting the urge to put sugar , fat and flour in your mouth?

Jessica, the sugar, fat, and flour are the hardest. If I don't cheat, it's easier eventually to withstand temptation. Herbal tea with lots of fake sugar helps me also. I do succumb to "bites" of stuff frequently.

Next installment soon....

6 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i pretend i'm a nutritarian just for lunch. i'm enjoying it. i get the best of both worlds. plus it allows me to relate to all my new veggie friends.

Good Time Charlie said...

I am about as mature as a 10 year old boy sometimes. For some reason, this word "nutritarian" is just tickling my funny bone. Think of all the good word play you can have with this. Nudetarian, someone who only eats in the nude, nuketarian, someone who only eats things cooked in the microwave, I could go on and on, but I won't. Still though, no Caffeinne?

Robin said...

The quinoa breakfast salad sounds good. Your menu looks great. Come cook for me for a day.

Elizabeth said...

I love how GTC cant get over the no coffee bit.

Nancy said...

That's it. I'm unsubscribing. :)

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions, my dear. I am totally intrigued.