My skin color is all oranged up for a Giants game in August.
I realize I'm late in the game, but I have some baseball observations because I have actually watched the past few games of the World Series. If you don't live around here, you need to know that the SF Giants are in baseball's World Series. This is significant because... that means they are kings of the baseball world? Which means they rule the earth sports? I don't really know but that won't stop me from blogging about it.
- There's a player with the weirdest beard ever. It's black. What's the deal? Does he dye it? And what does Beard of Zeus mean?
- A lot of other players have unkempt beards. Yuck. I hope ugly beards don't become trendy because I will have to attack people with Nair if they do.
- Buster Posey is my favorite name. I want more players with similar names, like Basher Pansy and Smacker Daisy.
- What happened to the baseball knickers? They were much cuter than the long pants some of the guys wear. The pants should be tighter, also. More spandex.
- Yankees costumes are the cutest, but I was happy that the Giants played on Halloween so that their orange and black costumes could be harmonious with the holiday.
- It's fun to be a winner, even if I'm a fair weather fan. Everyone around here is covered in Giants paraphernalia and people are happy. Luckily, my kids have managed to inherit some Giants clothes so they can fit in.
- It's also fun to attend Giants games because the overpriced food is delicious and the stadium is beautiful. I'll have to pay more attention next time I go.
Cheers to Val, Number One Fan.

7 comments:
denae recently conducted a compelling and moving interview about the rally beard. you may want to seek clarification from her.
Oh - unkept beards are so in. Where have you been? Just drop by your local university and check it out (except BYU).
Um...no offense to Val but I think little Jeffy Groseclose might be right up there as biggest fan!!
I immediately thought of all of my blog friends when I saw on the Yahoo homepage this morning that the Giants won. Congrats!
#2 and #3 made me laugh. I can just see you running around with a tube of Nair trying to end all of the ugly beards.
The food is ahmazing at the Ball Park. This team is ahmazing. We love every one of these guys, the beard, the freak, the Panda, and all the band of misfits. They grace the walls of Travis's room. They come to the family dinner with us when they play, even we are not watching, we might include them. We even have a wig that lets us look like one of their most peculiar players, a certain strange looking pitcher. Yes, we love the Giants. We are happy to see the bandwagoners, more love to go around. The only thing I am harumphing about is that the price of tickets probably just went up exponentially. Oh well, next Spring is a ways away and that give us time to save our Pennies. In the mean time, GO GIANTS!!!!
When they won tonight I kept thinking really, who cares? But I did watch a little due to the hot friend and because the commercials are good. The funnest trick is to host dinner at your house the last night of the world series and realize you forgot to pay your cable bill because tv is annoying. Wow. Phil, mom, and dad were freaking. Maybe that's why bea calls it the "world serious.". Sherman has never had so many visitors.
To all the women in our family:
For the last time, THEY ARE NOT COSTUMES. 'Vamos gigantes' as my students now cheer. There is no greater satisfaction than making kids from LA root for the Giants.
Post a Comment