After I've finished organizing something, nothing gives me greater pleasure than putting a label on it.
I like to fantasize that the area will stay orderly and clean due to the specific instructions listed on the label.
My newly labeled pantry is just waiting for someone to put crackers in the canned fruit section. I'm tempted to lock it.
A label can stunt a child's natural creativity and willingness to grow.
The child feels invested in the label and continues the behavior because it is expected of them.
When the child becomes an adult, he or she is ensconced in behavior that inhibits social and personal growth.
Because I am a perfect parent, I would never label my children.

26 comments:
Would you like to come and label my new primary closet for me? Also, if I put the label, "compliant" on Travis, will it change his behavior?
I know where you can get a holster for your label maker. Let's have a duel.
Lenore is going to quote Kierkegaard. "You label me, you negate me." Also from Wayne's World.
Yes you are the boss. I can't believe Carl let you label him and then put him on the internet...
Okay, when are you coming over to label and organize my house...pretty please.. I don't have a labeler...I am afraid of what I would do with it....so please, it could be my Christmas present. Think about it
I love my label maker. Your labeled pantry makes me happy. I'll come over and shake my finger at the first one who puts crackers by the canned fruit...but YOU can still be the boss.
What you didn't tell me about your blog award????? My famous friend, I happened to see it on nor's blog....Go Celia
Can you please put a label on your blog? Label it...FUNNY!
I'm going to ask for a label maker for Christmas. I love the labels for your kids (and Carl).
I love the tyrants haircut. Your family is so good to go along with the blog.
Your sweater is very cute.
tyrant's
I had to fix it.
Your label- I'm back, bloggers!!!
Oh to have a pantry that large again.... It was so big it didn't need labels.
It must be comforting for your family members to know what their roles are in life. *giggles.... AND, Mom's are ALWAYS the boss.
Hi, "I'm such a Mormon Mom I need a label just for Jell-O!!!"
Does anyone but you pay attention to the labels? I labeled my kitchen when we moved here and still - I am finding measuring cups in the food wrap drawer. grumble.
I love it! Did Carl really let you label him or did you photoshop that label in?
This is so good. I want a label that says, "Needs a Nap"...
Linsey is funny!
My "daughter" is getting one for Christmas. It was really the only way I thought I could sneak it in.
Oh, and someone stole my "Lable this post funny" comment. It's is okay, 'cause we are all loving it. You are back.
Now I want a label maker.
I would love to try to label my husband.
100% awesome post.
This is how I feel about your big, organized pantry: Jealous.
Okay, Evan was so excited to see his label on your blog, you better send over the picture via email to him...what was his "label" by the way?
Did Max get the candy template because he is the sweetest?
I have a label maker too, but I don't want Byron to get his hopes up on my organizational skills in the cabinet area. I think the element of surprise keeps him young.
Ha ha! You look exactly like Alice in that boss picture.
I'm thinking a labelmaker is our 2008 "legacy toy"!
Clever! I've got a label maker that I never use. Now I'm kind of motivated. But that means I'd have to get organized first. Never mind.
ironically, skip gave me that same label maker when we were dating. and it is still in its box, because i haven't known what to do with it.
due to your masterful post on familial enhancement, i now have a purpose for said machine.
how does your family put up with your insanity, by the way? "here kids, let mom stick this on you because i'm going to write a hilarious blog post and i need you to comply." ??? i just can't picture the process.
What exactly is wrong with me that I want a label maker now, really badly? Not to label my annoying children, mind you. No, but to put labels to everything in my pantry. I MUST HAVE ONE. NOW.
Way too funny!
Hilarious post. The pictures are great! I label my pantry and linen closet, too, not that it helps. Can't anyone in my house read!?! I haven't labeled my kids (physically) yet, but it might be worth the effort for the laugh.
I could never be as organized or as good of a mother as you. It's good for me just to have the association. And clever, did I mention clever?
Post a Comment