Friday, November 5, 2010
You'll Put Your Eye Out
Wednesday morning, Henry was holding a mechanical pencil while blowing up a whoopie cushion. Somehow during the complicated whooping process, he managed to stab himself in the eye with the pencil. After some tears, ibuprofen, and prayer chanting, he seemed to be doing better. I couldn't see any damage, but I went against my instincts and made an eye doc appointment for him. Instinctively, I think people should self-heal. Unless it's me. Then I want the full complement of specialists and drugs.
At the eye doc we learned that Henry had POKED a HOLE in his IRIS. Gross! And painful! The doctor told me I was the Mother of the Year for getting him seen so quickly (back pat) and then put a contact bandage on his eyeball so it wouldn't scar(!).
The contact bandage doesn't bother him, but it bothers me because my penance for bad attitude is that he has to get the thing changed every day, which requires me to take him to the doctor every day. My prize is that my kid gets to keep his vision.
Henry didn't get an eye patch for his troubles, so I bought him one. Ahoy.
Posted by
Celia Fae
at
3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Way to go mother of the year. It's always nice when a stranger confirms what you've always secretly known to be true. All kidding aside though, I'm really glad he didn't lose is eye, that is my worst fear for myself and well, everyone I know or don't know.
He was being so brave at the doctor's......good going Mom. Never take eyes for granted.
Good mommy. How many days does he need to go? poor you?
Yikes! That is really scary about the near miss with the eye. He has some good aim, considering how small the iris is. I am with you, I loathe dragging my children to the doctor and put it off until I think there is true danger.
I am speechless. I can't even imagine how painful that would be. To bad we aren't doing Pirates of Penzance or Peter Pan.
can i get a prize if i guess which sister was totally excited to hear the medical details??
Leave it to Henry to have a whoopy cushion involved...why wasn't this on our list when we talked??? Ah, dear old Dr. Ong, we will miss him.
Yes indeed, back pats all around.
You kill me, "prayer chanting". I love it.
So, maybe I was right? Maybe you were trying to talk like a pirate in your last post. In honor of your poor injured Henry.
"Complicated whooping process" Seriously, you slay me.
This is one I have never heard of, even my wild children have never poked an iris.
You win.
Post a Comment