Lauren in GA said....
When you eat beef do you feel ill? Like your body can't digest it as well anymore?
I thought beef would make me feel ill but it doesn't. It's fine. It does make me feel a little bloated, though.
Lorie said...
I need to know what you eat. Does it get boring? Is there any joy left in eating?
I know it is hard to imagine, but I love the food I eat or I wouldn't eat it. I'm into pleasure. I'll put another day's menu at the end. I found those most useful when I was beginning.
Strollerblader said...
Can you eat fruit?
Yes fruit, which saved me at the beginning because at least that felt like a treat to me.
How was eating in New Orleans, or rather, how did you do getting "back on track" when you got back?
Eating in New Orleans was delicious but I noticed a difference in my mood (I got super grumpy when I was hungry) and energy. I noticed more that restaurant food was produce deficient. I was anxious to come back and eat my good food.
How has it effected your, ahem, bathroom time?
Beano during the first month saved my marriage.
Anonymous said...
Can you give us some recipe ideas?
I get a lot of my recipes from here. Also, I tend to buy produce that looks good to me and then google recipes with that stuff in it. It's worked pretty well. Last night I had some dill I needed to use, so I googled dill, potatoes, zucchini, and onions and combined a couple of recipes. It was good and I get to eat it for a few days.
Elizabeth said...
Also do you still eat bread?
Yes. I try to limit myself to two servings of whole grains a day. The book says one but two works for me.
Do you eat tofu and if you do how do you use it?
It took some researching to figure out what to do with tofu. Usually I add it to a well-seasoned leftover vegetable dish and microwave. Or I'll put some in soup for added protein.
Do you substitute rice milk or almond milk for cow’s milk?
Unsweetened almond milk. I use it in my breakfast quinoa and my spinach shakes. It helps with the flavor.
Have you given up Caffeine completely and did you get headaches?
I still drink a can of diet Pepsi every few days, but I don't feel addicted. As far as headaches, during the first few days of starting this diet I felt pretty crappy but it got better.
Do you feel like you have a lack of energy from not eating meat?
Are you still losing weight on this food plan?
Yup, but only when I'm doing religiously.
Ashley said...
Did you like veggies before you started eating this way?
Yes, but I didn't eat enough of them and I didn't know it.
I finished writing answers to all of your excellent questions tonight and then blogger mysteriously ate my whole post. It had links and everything. I took it as a sign that I should streeettttch this out even more because I like things to last forever.

5 comments:
I have been eating this way for 8 months now! WooHoo! and I find all of these posts to be very informative and interesting. Keep posting about it!
I love the questions and answers. The best thing about your new plan is all the produce. Sooo good for you! I am so very impressed that you are coming up with so many new ways to make all this stuff. I have doing Coconut Milk instead of milk for a while now. Have you looked into it? There are a bajillion health benefits. I also used Coconut Oil instead of Flax Seed Oil in my morning Oatmeal/Blueberry/protein concoction. It tastes very yummy. My kids use it on their cereal when they have that, it has all the good fats. Plus, I put it in their smoothies, makes it taste really good.
i tried this for lunches all week. i feel like i'm jumping on a bandwagon or something... but really, i like a lot of the ideas behind this lifestyle. i am enjoying adapting it to my personal tastes while still keeping my carnvious-based marriage intact.
carnivorous.
I am totally impressed and encouraged by the fact that you love the food you eat and that you still get pleasure out of it. I am also fascinated by the fact that you were excited to get back home from New Orleans to eat your good food. That really does speak volumes to me.
Post a Comment