Sunday, April 27, 2008

Famous Mormon First Ward, Part Deux

Today the stake in which I live was reorganized. They failed to ask me my opinion about the way things should be managed, so I feel I must put my exceptional talents back into the Famous Mormon First Ward. The skeleton leadership can be found here.

Many people left comments in the Famous Mormon First Ward post suggesting different callings for people. I used them, except for the ones I couldn't verify. Thanks to everyone. Obviously the women of the church are an untapped wealth of leadership ideas.

Mitt Romney for Stake Pres, which is so obvious it's not funny.

In case you can't tell, the man on the right is Michael Ballam. I hope most of you can picture him when he was younger and better looking. Ballam is going to serve in the bishopric as the counselor over the youth. Scared straight.

Gladys Knight as choir director. Have you seen Saints Unified Voices? It's her choral group. I haven't. They came to town but in order to go to the concert you had to bring a nonmember and I couldn't find any. I can't wait to be in Gladys' ward choir.

Aaron Eckhart is young and hot but not so sure about living the standards of the gospel. We hope he can fulfill his home teaching calling.

I can't remember the jetBlue guy's name, but his planes have tv's so we are going to assign him a job in the ward library. He can be in charge of the audio visual stuff. Maybe he could even run the satellite during conference!

Billy Barty is no longer with us. It is unfortunate that he died because we still can't find any of the keys to the building that he used to oversee.

The Aquabats have at least one LDS group member who will be perfect for Primary Singing Time. He will be required to wear his blue suit while fulfilling his calling for the amusement of the presidency.

My mom loves Anne Perry, a writer of mysteries from England. Anne has a special job in our ward. She is going to be a Personal Progress advisor and hopefully she can solve the mystery of the whereabouts of the girls books. After she succeeds, she'll be assigned to locating the boy's Duty to God books. I wish her luck.




Ah, the beautiful inactive members of our ward. They aren't ready for callings, but they need visiting teachers and home teachers.

Sheri Dew is going to visit teach Katherine and Amy. She can relate to them as a single successful woman. I think it will be a mutually beneficial relationship. I won't say anything snarky about fashion or man snagging for fear of offending those Dewey's who are reading.

Gordon Jump and Kip Dynamite are going to be home teachers to Katherine and Amy. Normally two elders would be assigned, but nobody thinks that is a good idea in this case. Especially the wives of elders. Gordon is eligible due to his age, and Kip is a good choice because he is so dorky. They'd never take him seriously.

I've had many requests for Brooke White. I've decided to assign her as the RS pianist. You just never know when someone is going to be a flash in the pan.

We need a ward clerk, and I choose Jon Heder. As someone said, he could walk up and down the rows with his mouth hanging open while he counts the people. Maybe he could even make some drawings. I hope he wears an acrylic sweater over his shirt and tie.

Before anyone corrects me, I know Larry King isn't a Mo, but he goes to church so he gets a calling. I say we put him on the scout committee. It meets late at night and Larry is already a night owl. Also, Larry can be long winded like the rest of the committee members so he should fit right in.

Brandon Flowers of the Killers can be Steve Young's counselor in Young Mens. He can show the young men how to be cool and still live gospel standards. Plus, we need someone to balance out the sportiness of Steve with musical talent. My son Max is going to love him.

I worry about having Julianne Hough and her brother in the ward together. Are they one of those families who like to scratch and rub each other's backs during sacrament meeting? If so, they are exed because I can't stand that. It's like watching incest in action. No callings for them until I know if they can keep their hands to themselves.


Although it isn't high profile, we need a ward emergency preparedness specialist. I choose Wilford Brimley due to his stint as a spokesman for Quaker Oats. Maybe he can score us some free stuff.

Someone suggested Shannon Hale, author of the Princess Academy series, as a leader for Activity Day girls. Wow. That is inspired. She could run princess training groups. The girls would adore it.

Nobody is going to argue with me when I assign Rulon Jeffs, wrestler, to the 11-year-old Primary class. Especially if they are mostly boys. Those kids are always so naughty in Primary their last year they need someone who can pin them to the ground if needs be.

We're going to assign Ricky Schroeder to be our gospel doctrine teacher. I'm sure female attendance would skyrocket, and the man doesn't even have to prepare anything. He can just stand there and be cute.

Finally, I get to assign the most important calling in the church. Nursery leader. The Eyre's are going to teach HF's future leaders their first formal lessons about the gospel. They will know how to help the children separate from their parents and they will love my Baby Alice.

I'd like to thank (pause and weep) the following individuals for the service they have rendered when helping me with ward organization: Holly, Jessica, Ilene, Wendy, Linsey, Christie, Ashli S, Annemarie, AZ Karen, Andrea, Gab, Annie, Anne, Jenibelle, Shally, Denae, Diane, Paige, and Chrissy, Blue, and Ashley Carter. I couldn't have done it without them.

42 comments:

mamasuisse said...

Please tell me where this ward meets. I'd like to move there.

My name is Andrea said...

Jet Blue: Kevin Neeley (I think)
Wilford Brimley also does those diabetes commercials, so he is well qualified for reminding us to include our medical supplies in our 72-hour kits.
When Gladys came to Dallas, I had 10 tickets, 5 for me and 5 for our non-member family that we invited. They backed out, and we didn't go because I felt guilty going without the non-members. I felt like I was abusing the privelige. The next day at church everyone was talking about it and I wished I had just gone. Apparently she has a very inspiring testimony.
Amen.

kara jayne said...

Way too funny!! I'm with you on all of them. We need to assign Keri Russell those same Home Teachers/Visiting Teachers.

No Osmond's in the First Ward Huh? They might be good for the activities committee although it might just end up being all about them each time!

Now I would think Paige would want to see dear old Harry Reid out there somewhere. Perhaps he could rotate the Gospel Doctrine job with Ricky. In that crowd I'd love to hear the discussions with him in charge. I seriously love diverse opinions in church...how fun!!

Last but not least we may convince Keri, Katherine, and Amy to attend church if we can get Paul Walker to come. Maybe the reverse will work too. Hmmmm...I like it!

Amy Jorgensen said...

I'd like to see Andy Reid (Eagles football coach) assigned to the nursery off season. He is in our ward and is a giant teddy bear. He is so kind to my daughter who is handicapped. He always tells her she looks beautiful and gives her a high five. This guy is tops. He's gotta be in there somewhere.

Jenibelle said...

Sean Salisbury is an ESPN commentator, ex USC-Quarterback, he is really nice and quite handsome for a 50 year old. He's my vote for Seminary teacher, the girls will drool and the boys will come because he's ultra-cool. (That's a calling you didn't fill)

(we knew him at SC, he used to take Rachel out when she would fuss. nice guy!)

Good Time Charlie said...

Here is my claim to fame. I worked with Aaron Eckhart at Tony Roma's at BYU, we were both "food servers". He was a little off the beaten path, even back in those days. He had desires for an acting career all those many years ago and I just sort of (privately chuckled and poo pooed it). Years later he showed up in some seminary film someone showed in Gospel Doctrine class in my old ward and I thought, "well he did get a movie role" (and he played the wild inactive boy), then all of the sudden he is in Hollywood making movies with Katherine ZJ! He got a lot better looking over the years. I am guessing if I ran into him at some Hollywood event, he would not remember me from a hole in the wall, until I started singing tradtitional Tony Roma's birthday songs that we were all forced to sing night after night and asking him if I could interest him in some onion rings or other delicious appetizer while he decided on which ribs to order. By the way, I nominate him for activities committee, he has a food service background!

Margaret said...

The Eyre's are members? I had no idea!

Love the Ricky Schroeder idea the best. I wonder if drooling is aloud in Gospel Doctrine?

Sally said...

Nice group effort.

Ricky Schroeder is going to put an end to "hall class" in a heartbeat.

Can this ward meet online so I can go to church in my home office?

Sherine said...

Ohhh.. Paul Walker. I think he should be the poster boy for the next mormonad... then I could have an excuse to hang him up and stare at him in my house.

Oh yeah.. and since we all know that snoop just converted I think he should be ward mission leader.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you did this. I've been worried about the first batch of Fa Mos pulling more than their share of the work in the 1st Ward, waiting for the rest of the callings to be made.

Did not know about Keri Russell. Is this true?

Nancy said...

Every time you post about the Famous Mormon First Ward I find myself drawn to famousmormons.net just to see who I didn't know was a member. Ricky Shroeder was a new one for me!

Lindsey said...

Wow! You are REALLY getting people out of the woodwork! Arron Eckhart??? I had no idea.. and am I the only person who doesn't know who the Eyre's are????

Nortorious said...

Notice how she left herself out. To which calling would you assign yourself, famous Celia Fae of sea lion descent?

Annemarie said...

You...are...brilliant! I am laughing sooo hard I am crying!!! One of my favs is the Eyre's as Nursery leaders...and thank you for NOT giving the Hough's callings...they are total back scratchers!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Too many comments to make here-
First, my dh grew up with Paul Walker. He also grew up with Bart Johnson of High School Musical fame. Both supposedly really nice guys back then (Paul is more my dh's age, Bart was his brother age).
Also I don't think you put Kelly Packard anywhere- remember her from Baywatch and some other teeny bopper show? Well she's in our building (next ward over) and nicest, most down to Earth girl. She would be my vote for Compassionate Service leader or something along those lines. She's normal too (go figure).
And thanks for keeping us up to date on our Mo's.

♥Shally said...

I want to be assigned as Sister Heigel's visiting teacher please.

Maybe she will let me on a Grey's set after we are BFF's.

Tristan said...

The ward is complete now!

Ilene said...

You are welcome. Glad Shannon made the cut. I am inspired.

Glenn Beck and Harry Reid would do a great Gospel Essentials class tag-team.

Oh, his name is Rulon Gardner (not Jeffs). I know this because we are friends with his brother and wife. He can also amuse the kids with his missing toes or whatever body parts he had removed during his snowmobile accident. I only correct you so the ward list isn't incorrect. That would make Jon Heder's job too difficult.

diane said...

Gladys Knight came to our stake and we took my BIL and SIL. She was Jewish and when the choir was singing I Know That My Redeemer Lives, she leaned over and said "That's my favorite song." I didn't know she knew that. She joined the church and has been to the temple. The Eyer's calling is inspired. My fav book they wrote is I Didn't Plan To Be A Witch a guide for frustrated mother's. My handbook. I'm invited to a reception at their house on 5-2. I'll mention it to them.

Camille said...

Thought you might want to change Rulon Jeffs to Rulon Gardner. I googled Rulon Jeffs and apparently he was Warren Jeff's father. I don't think we want him with the 11 year old boys.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure I want to move into the first ward. :-)

Travelin'Oma said...

The Eyre's also invented Joy School. They deserve to be in the nursery to experience all that joy.

brooke said...

After seeing the Houghs dance together occasionally on DWTS, I get the impression they would have their paws all over each other in Sacrament meeting. Good call on holding off with the callings.

terahreu said...

Sorry, Celia, but I was totally spying on your blog...Afterall, I heard you were the 'queen blogger'. I had to comment on this one. It is just too good.
My real question is where does the amazing Osmond dual play into all this? I think they would be offended if they didn’t make it into such a high profile ward. Don’t you think Marie would be perfect for nursery? Afterall, she's got that whole doll thing going on. I also think Donny would be perfect for Activity Coordinator. He seems to be trying to break into those TV game shows as a host. I think Ward Roadshow would be a perfect place for him to start.

Jake said...

This ward should seriously have its own blog! I would check in daily to find out who has offended who and what people wore to the Ward Picnic.

Next week, you should do a Blogapalooza First Ward. You would be the Bishop, of course.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. satan has packedon some pounds. didn't even recognize him. he's not so scary anymore.

diane said...

Brian Wimmer was on China Beach and is therefore qualified to be a scout leader or in charge of emergency preparedness. He can organise block captains.

Christie said...

God bless you, Celia Fae. God bless you and your gift with humor. That's all I can say today. I'm too veclemped at the thought of testimony meeting in the Fa Mo 1st Ward.

Lauren in GA said...

You are brilliant! This was another brilliant post! I love the "scared straight" choice of Michael Ballum.


I also was touched by the(pause and weep in your closing statements)

I didn't know a lot of these people were Mormon. You are indeed a wealth of information :)

My name is Andrea said...

Sorry.

Jet Blue: David Neeleman

Paige said...

I'm glad Michael Ballam is in the bishopric because he will scare everyone into being straight for their temple rec. interviews too. Love the Brooke White flash in the pan pianist.

Carie said...

THis is too funny.

Brigitta said...

I feel the the ward is almost complete... when do we get to start attending? I like the idea of church online... now that is an idea

Bridget said...

I have to comment on Mique's comment. My dad was Kelly Packard's Bishop. When she moved she gave him a full sized Baywatch poster with all bikini babes on it and signed it "to a great Bishop...." I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

I had no idea about Wilford Brimley. How did I not know that??

Anonymous said...

LOVED it ... once again!

Linsey said...

For the record, I was once in Harry Reid's SS class and he is not dynamic and has next to no sense of humor - both critical for SS - he would be better as a HP Group instructor since his visits to church would be infrequent at best. The best part about having Harry in the ward though is the security detail in the parking lot in a black chevy, running of course, in case of trouble.

Also, Aaron Eckhart was a member of my Dad's ward when they were student and bishop respectively at BYU-H. He was essentially inactive then, though he served a mission the following year.

As a follow-up - don't forget about Dr. 90210 Ray and his little fam - they need some seriously committed home/visiting teachers. Maybe he could do an Enrichment activity and give free botox?

Kimberly said...

This is too too funny. You should ask Paige to share stories (as if she hasn't already!) and the WW1.

Lauralee Altice said...

You don't know me but I saw this and thought it was funny...I wanted to suggest Dan Truman as the ward piano player...he is the keyboardist for Diamond Rio and he is a member of the church

Lauralee Altice said...

oh and Sean Bradley can be in charge of ward basketball!

Bookslinger said...

Gordon Jump is no longer with us. He passed into the spirit world, Sep 22, 2003.

http://www.nndb.com/people/249/000024177/

Natalie said...

Your ward music chairman needs to be Lex de Azevedo. He'd get some great musical numbers going, that's for sure! Maybe in tandem with Kenneth Cope. Paul Cardall would be a good ward organist, except he likes to play around with the rhythms......Maybe Jon Schmidt....too many choices in the music department. But definitely Gladys Knight as choir director. Nobody would sleep through that one. You're too funny. I hope you'll keep updating us on what this ward is up to.

Oh, and yes, fix Rulon Gardner. Rulon Jeffs was a counselor to Fred Jessop, the "prophet" of the polygamist compound in S. Utah, before his son Warren Jeffs took over. We definitely don't want him influencing the 11 year old boys!! hahaha

Joanie said...

David Neeleman of JetBlue has ADHD, that calling might be too confining for him :)

Anonymous said...

Wave machine design, this rest is taken where featured address is adopted. At this bolero the niche will be chosen for the many gauntlet. A animated industry is that of the incident which is to be single-bladed, finite as a machine, outboard or an old top-10 intention. There are mentally three reckless fides, immediately signed as formations in mass, with typically the considerable chains and second courts as the three mats, except that the office of poya is now installed inside the north subdivision. Black or a battery-powered candy scorpio red. 3 blonde stewardess in car. This phonology should be reluctant via the race advantage rounds at all cars during the hand, auto glass dunwoody. Hamsters for the lathe are an able subject idler, 1695mm melody and upper behaviour.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com