Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Synopsis


Alice (14 months) achieved a major milestone this past couple of weeks. She is walking unassisted about 80 percent of the time and I can't take my eyes off of her. She is brave and bold and will go anywhere. Also, she looks so different when she walks. She is still small for her age so she looks like a little teensy walking baby. It is really cute. She has had a difficult time sleeping and eating due to her excitement, and we've been battling midnight scream-a-thons. A couple of nights ago I brought her downstairs for a drink at 2:30 but she refused beverages and insisted on having a cupcake. I gave in, but she has had to scream in bed for the rest of the week when she wakes up. We're out of cupcakes.
Henry has cheered up considerably since last week when he was sick with the flu. He is a rotten sick person. He sits on the couch and demands things in his nastiest voice. Henry's front teeth were loose at the same time and it made him look like a hillbilly. He finally lost one of the teeth so now he looks like a regular kid again. He lost the tooth after being accidentally punched in the face by one of his friends and he couldn't locate it in the dirt. I offered to help him write a note to the Tooth Fairy, but he didn't want to and she never came. Weird. Henry started karate classes this week and he is the happiest little Karate Kid I know. He tries not to use his moves on his siblings so I don't have to call the karate teacher.
Claire and Carl have had many father daughter bonding moments these last two weeks. Claire had a Heritage Feast at school to which she brought her favorite "Irish" dish, funeral potatoes. Yum. Carl helped her a lot with her pedigree and her report. We are lucky that he is interested in those things. Tonight Carl and Claire went to a sock-hop together. She was worried that he wouldn't enjoy himself, but I think the date went well and they had a good time. I wasn't jealous because we went to a romantic Valentine's party last night. I can share.

Max and I went to the cannery today. He was able to do everything, but his favorite job was working the sealing machine. We bought beans, pasta, rice, wheat, sugar, and flour, but we're most looking forward to the hot cocoa. Max went to the temple to do baptisms last week, and he came home in tears. I was worried that something terrible had happened and was prepared for the worst. It turns out he was sad because they didn't get ice cream after the temple even though he brought money. We all know how Max feels about ice cream.
The picture above shows me participating in my new hobby: jump starting other people's cars. I've had the chance to do it three times in three weeks. I'm an expert now. I can't sew, I can't cook, I can't craft, but if you need your battery jumped, call me. In other news, I have two blogging issues: 1. I can't seem to catch up on my reading and 2. My spell check button doesn't work in Blogger anymore. Does anyone know about this problem? I am dependent on spell check and I am worried that my posts will have spelling errors. I find spelling errors to be unforgivable. Pleeze hellp me. I kan no longir live witout my spel chek.

30 comments:

Lorena said...

I am also now an expert at jumping cars, but not because people are calling me to do it. It is because my battery stinks (or something is really wrong with the car) and I have had to ask people to come over so I can steal their power. I have the cables all ready, and they open their hood, I plug into theirs, and Wah-Lah...Magic! I feel like such a manly-girl.

This is very useful when you scream and kick your children to get into the car to go to school and then your car won't start. It almost makes me want to pound my head on the steering wheel like in "Back to the Future."

I dinot know what is wrong with the spel chack. Id iddn't work on mu pist eiyher.

Debbie said...

Tell Max not to worry we all missed the ice cream part. But rumor has it this week's activities will involve ice cream!

Ellie said...

I had the same spell checker problem. You need to clean out your cache. Call me and I'll tell you how.

Lauren in GA said...

My spell check isn't working either!!!!! If Ellie tells you to fix it will you post how you did? All of your posts are a true public service, and a post like that will help you continue in your service oriented practices. I laughed at your closing line! (and Lorena's last sentence on her comment):)

I always enjoy your weekly updates. You look adorable in a hair-net, missy :)

Christie said...

My spell check isn't working either! I thought it was just my stupid computers. You must post instructions or we'll all look stoopid when we misspell wurds.

Bring Alice over here. I'll give her cupcakes at 2 a.m. Cute little bean!

Audry said...

Mine's not working either, I think I see a pattern. Jaden is a miserable sick person too. I hate his high pitch whiney voice when he's sick.

Unknown said...

Let's just all agree that spell check is not working and we'll all forgive each other's mistakes. Maybe it has something to do with the writers' strike?

Ilene said...

The spell check didn't work on my post either. I'm a bit more pathetic though because over the summer my backspace button gave out due to its overuse. I now am an expert at the back arrow and delete keys.

Ilene said...

Oh, I grew up going to Pinks hot dog stand after attending the LA temple. One time we went to Carl's Jr. instead. Not cool. I feel Max's pain.

Bridget said...

Just tell Max to scream in the middle of the night. If the cupcakes are gone, he just might get some ice cream. At least the tooth fairy should come through with that since she didn't have the cash.

Lisa-Marie said...

DO NOT LET ALICE WALK! Why are you allowing that sweet little thing to grow up?!?!!?

Kendon is going out of town this week and the only concession I have is that I can now thwart his attempts at teaching Meg to walk. I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!

BTW, please be sure to ALWAYS have pictures of you on your posts. They make me happy. You have the BRIGHTEST face when you smile. I'm serious. It is contagious!

K Sue said...

I am very thankful for Celia's talent in jump starting cars. She jump started my car twice this last week. I need a new battery. I am glad to have friends that have real skills. Thanks Celia you are the best.

Jake said...

Wow! I am impressed with the cannery-going and car-jumping. You are a Jill of all trades!

Paige said...

I will point out all of your spelling errors, in LARGE PRINT. I'll be your checker/embarasser. Ha ha.

Alice is cute. I'm bringing you the matching skirt to the Bee sweater tonight.

kara jayne said...

You really must tell if Ellie's advice works because I'm thinking with all these comments it might be a blogger problem...or maybe not. Luckily my Mac automatically does a spell check anyway. Not that it helps me much.

Jessica said...

SAME PROBLEMS!!! I have gotten my Google Reader down to 9, and then went to bed and the next day it was back up to 52!! How in the heck am I supposed to a)possibly read them all b)care about the ones I read like I used to. It's really bumming me out.

But I do care about Alice's walking and Henry's teeth trauma (see my post, we can have snaggle tooth kids together) and Claire's cute sweatery thing and Max's lack of ice cream. I always care about you.

D-dawg said...

I don't use spell check, I just right click on the word and it pops up the correct spelling... try that everyone!

Jenibelle said...

Celia, I am so sorry to one-up-you but I can change a battery and the terminals that connect to the battery. Ask Pam S.I changed hers once.

As for the cannery...I am so stinkin' impressed! Who knew? I am in shock, amazed, impressed, verklempt. I love the cannery! Call me next time, I'll bring Jeff, you bring Max.
Good times.

shauna said...

Okay, not only am I stuck on this google spelling issue, but I can't stop thinking about the "accidental" face punch that knocked Henry's tooth out. Call the cops.

And funeral potatoes started in Ireland? I thought they started in Palmyra or Navuoo.

Have a great week and enjoy your cannery hot chocolate made in your cocomotion!

Alex said...

That was a great sum up. When you say you can't catch up on your reading, does that include other people's blogs? Because I can see why!

I don't think anyone will mind if you take one day off from blogging and just read. We will all still check your blog on the other days. Which sister started the "you MUST blog everyday to be read" Rule. Was it Nor? I think it's too harsh.

Jenna Harris said...

There are very few spell checkers that I trust. I use one on my Google Tool Bar that will spell check any "form" field out there. I really, really like this, 'cause my spelling sucks.

Travelin'Oma said...

I was fiddling with my computer for a couple of hours trying to find my blogger spell check. I thought it was some delete thing I did wrong. Maybe they are now selling dictionaries and want to drum up some business.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i didn't even know blogger had a spell check. i suck at so many things... like parenting, canning, jump starting cars, etc. but i am a master speller. i will be happy to proof your posts for you. in exchange, you can do my canning for me and raise my children.
fair enough.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Spell check is fixed now! Hooray! (it's Monday) and I can't keep up with all the reading and whatnot either. sigh.

Jenibelle said...

Celia, please call, I need "how to" help. Not my battery however, I can fix that.

Hollyween said...

I'm still not up to par on reader either. I got it down to 35 and then somehow this morning, it's 89. I don't know what happened. I don't have the spellcheck problem, but I'm sure it will happen to me eventually.

Is the person who "accidentally" punched Henry the child of your "frienemy"?

Mark R. Maher DDS said...

Firefox 2.0.x has spellcheck built in. Have you tried that? (Firefox is a browser, like Internet Explorer).

heidiram said...

What is google reader????? And if that is a completely ridiculously stupid question, I apologize ahead of time.

heidiram said...

P.S. Will you please put some pressure on my sister to fix her links? She will listen to you.

crystal said...

You are the jolliest jumper I know--just look at that photo! And I love that you toted Max to the cannery; that is a GREAT idea for mommy/son night.

My son is named Max, too. Cool!