Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sincerely, Claire from California

Isn't she lovely? Claire went to a bat mitzvah yesterday. I helpd her with her makeup and accessories. She looked stunning.


Miss Claire is a fan of podcasts, which I've posted about before. I'm hooked on them as well. Because Claire has an abundance of confidence in herself and is just generally amusing, she wrote a letter to the hosts of her favorite podcast. The show is called Stuff You Should Know and it discusses different topics like hypnosis, roller derby, and rehab. It's a good show, but the guys who host it tend to ramble.
Claire's letter to the hosts, Chuck and Josh, was chosen to be read on air. You should listen to it if you feel like doing some laughing. The only way I can link to it is to tell you to:
  1. Go to the itunes store.
  2. Search for Stuff You Should Know podcast.
  3. Find the podcast called Animal Migration on 11/2/2010.
  4. Play or download the podcast.
  5. Go to minute 24:24.
  6. You will then hear Claire's letter to the podcast's hosts.

Since I know hardly any of you will do such a complicated assignment, here are the highlights:

  • She writes that she thought the money laundering show was about "literally washing money."
  • She tells the hosts that while she listens she imagines a movie inside her head.
  • During said movie, she pictures the show hosts as Paul Newman and Guy Fieri.
  • She tells the guys to "keep up the good work."

Who writes letters to famous people and actually has them acknowledged? Claire from California, that's who.

6 comments:

Jenibelle said...

No offense to anyone...but Claire has more spunk and personality in her pinkie finger than the rest of us put together. She is adorable. I heart Claire and always have been a huge fan!

( I will never forget her telling me that the best thing about going to Grandpa Rulon's house was counting the roadkill along the way...who thinks of that? Why, Claire does!!!)

Good Time Charlie said...

I love it! I am listening tomorrow. I needed to hear about someone's interesting offspring. I had an all time horrible last few days with one of mine. Red is not our favorite color right now.

Paige said...

Claire is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I NEVER had the moxie she has now. This bodes well for her future as she can out-Paige Auntie Paige.

Anonymous said...

I listened... I KNOW HER
-V

Lauren in GA said...

That is completely and totally awesome. How great that she was chosen. She is amazing, Celia...I don't have to tell you that though, huh.

...and she looks so beautiful!!

I am going to try and listen to it.

Planet Tiff said...

She always looks stunning.