Kitchen slave doing my chopping for me.
Here's what I like about the plant-based diet plan:
- I am less hungry than I've ever been.
- I can exist on fewer calories than I'm used to. I counted just out of curiosity for a couple of days, and I was amazed at how satisfied I felt on so few calories.
- I don't have to count anything. I'm so over counting and weighing and measuring.
- Somehow it cured me of being obsessed with my next meal.
- I can go longer without eating. You know those fasting headaches you get on the first Sunday of the month? They are magically gone. I'm still hungry, but it doesn't take over my personality. I actually have had really good fasting experiences the past few months, which is a first.
- I don't get the munchies as often. I still like sweet and salty but I don't crave certain things.
- It makes me feel super healthy and clean. I don't know if I buy into the whole gung-ho, cures-what-ails-you mentality, but eating all of those vegetables has got to be good for me.
- My family eats slightly more produce, and my husband has cut back on his meat consumption.
- Speaking of my family, making dinner for them every night has actually gotten easier. They are not doing plant foods with me. They eat regular food, and they like plain foods while I prefer interesting food. It used to be a challenge to fix something for dinner that was palatable to them and interesting to me. Now the challenge is over and they are happy with basic and easy food. I usually eat something small before I fix their dinner, and then I double whatever vegetables they are having so I can eat with the family.
- I have more energy, I get fewer headaches, and I don't need any caffeine anymore.
Whooa. Halfway there. Whooa. Living on a prayer.

3 comments:
Don't need Caffeinne? I have a pretty clean diet, very little meat, sugar or dairy, but the Caffeinne Monkey is still firmly attached to my back. As you once said to me, "It makes me a Better Mom". I like that peppy, buzzy feeling too. I must be a total addict. I am hopeless. Once again, you astound me!
I could almost cry from joy...the fact that there really could be a diet that I don't feel so starved on makes me so, so, happy.
Thanks for posting this. I feel like I'm on a fact finding mission...
I want a cute Kitchen Slave to help me. Please send yours.
Sounds very much like how I felt when I was on Atkins: never hungry, no calorie counting, mental acuity at an all-time high. Maybe you've picked the wrong plan.
Post a Comment