Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eins Boring Family Story

All right, all right. Enough blogitis. Sometimes a girl just has to take a break and watch the Olympics and babysit her husband during primo blogging time. It's hard to get out of my rut though. I haven't been able to think of anything clever or interesting, so if anybody is still there they are going to have to live with boring family stories.

The first boring family story is going to be about our thwarted family ski trip last weekend. The one that I forced all of my kids and husband to go on despite the fact that "a big storm was coming in." The one for which I ripped my kids out of school early for The one where they closed Donner pass right before we got there so we had to turn around and go home. The eight hour ski trip where nobody in my car actually went skiing.




Nobody complained the whole way home, possibly because I did some good old fashioned crying-in-the-car. Did I mention they opened the pass just as we were driving into our garage? We're a lucky bunch.
Alice had more fun than anybody. While we were stopped on the freeway Alice and I got out of the car and played in the snow. Then she got to pretend drive with her papa. It was her hellish dream come true.
Don't worry. The rest of my extended family left an hour before me and managed to get to Tahoe, where they enjoyed a palatial cabin with indoor spa and a beautiful ski day with fresh powder. I'm sure their happiness quotient was increased by comparing themselves to my misfortune. I live to make other people happy.

9 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Hey, Lady, I love family stories.

I am impressed that you got out and played in the snow with Alice.

Sorry you didn't get to ski. Good choice crying in the car. That's a good way to keep any complaints at bay.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you are selfless and noble and your family should embrace you for that.

too bad we'll never know about the palatial lodge and fresh powder, since you are now the matriarchal blogger for the family.

Nancy said...

I wouldn't have blogged for awhile after that experience either. And we will be talking about blog subjects.

Nancy said...

Oh, I just mean for your blogitis. I love the family stories too. Not boring in the least!

Robin said...

I hear ya babe. My kids have been silent while I've cried in the front seat. It was when the house we rented in Palmyra wouldn't unlock. Waaa - I cried.

Good Time Charlie said...

Was driving home on the Grapevine when that hellatial storm hit. I almost cried while driving but didn't want to upset the 13 year old next to me and let her know I wasn't completely in control. Sorry for the bummer trip cancellation. I hope you consoled yourself with some yummy GS cookies.

heidiram said...

I'm sorry about the ski trip. And I'm glad that you live to make other people happy. Just stopped by to say hi because I need some happy in my life right about now.

Sally said...

:( So sad and unfair.

Crying in the car was genius.

Jeanelle said...

Just blog your way out of the blogitis. I miss you and I know everyone else does too (tell Paige hi -- I miss her too.)