Monday, January 11, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends.

What I've been eating:
  • Chicken soup
  • oatmeal
  • dark chocolate
  • popcorn
  • blueberries
  • yogurt
  • tomato soup
  • fruits
  • veggies
  • kefir
  • Goji berries

What I've been drinking:

  • diet pepsi
  • Very Green vegetable drink
  • Echinacea orange juice
  • acai
  • pomegranate juice
  • ionix
  • water

What I've been taking:

  • grapefruit seed extract
  • elderberry capsules
  • Airborne
  • Nature's bounty, not booty
  • chia seeds (expect me to start growing a pet in my gut)

How I'm feeling:

  • full
  • poorer
  • sheepish
  • better
  • grateful for all of the good advice and well wishes


Here's Carl rocking the wage earner/caretaker role last week. He really came into his own while fixing a full turkey dinner for ten while on a conference call to China. Not pictured: me and my sickly sister lying on the couch moaning. A picture does exist but it ain't pretty.

21 comments:

Sally said...

I am glad you are feeling better! Can you pinpoint which exact item did the trick? :) Or did your sickness just run it's course?

I think Carl is some kind of superhero.

Jennie said...

I hope the situation continues to improve. However, if my husband took over, I think I would be tempted to "be sick" for a few more days so I could finish another book. :) Shhhhh... don't tell. :) Hang in there!

Robin said...

There are a few things on that list that I have never heard of. I hope you continue to heal!

Nortorious said...

Great picture of Carlos with headset.

Christie said...

Carl is the bomb. Does he hire out?

How in the heck did you get a staph infection? And are those contagious? Sister got one, too? I need medical file deets cause I'm nosy like that.

Jeanelle said...

I love the phone in the apron pocket. That's a real man. Hope you really are feeling better!

Annemarie said...

Go Carl!

Angela said...

You are so awesome! Did you really eat all of that stuff? Was it yummy? I'm really glad you didn't lose any body parts/appendages, although you didn't really mention it, so... Hope you continue to get well and since you appear to be willing to try anything... I know people who swear by zinc tablets or algae and seaweed powder. ;)But I think being sick is hard enough on its own.

Ellie said...

It was delicious to the taste. Thanks Carlos. Mark loved the butter and gravy the most. I loved that I didn't have to cook or clean. Sylvie loved the mashed potatoes and Griffin loved everything.

Hazen5 said...

I hope you are better! Carl is awesome, I love a multi-tasker!

diane said...

I'm with Christie, I want full details please. My b-in-law had a staph infection in his hand this past summer. He was hospitalized for a week and required two surgeries. I hope you are in the fast lane of the road to recovery.

Carl is a good man.

Jake said...

We all want a Carl for Valentine's Day.

Lauren in GA said...

Carl is fantastic. I agree with Gabi...we want a Carl for Valentine's Day.

I am glad you are on the mend. So scary that staph stuff.

I have never had pomegranate juice. That actually sounds good.

Linsey said...

And just what benefits are chia seeds supposed to possess? Come to think of it, what are chia seeds anyway? Don't worry, I'll be looking this up so you don't have to inform me.

Carl and my husband would get along well I think. What a good man you've got there.

Kimberly said...

Those lists are way too healthy for me, so next time I'm sick I'll need a tutorial on what each of those is supposed to help with. Glad you are feeling better!

Joe said...

I love the list. :) You gotta add Vitamin D to it, it is the latest vitamin of choice--even more than C for immune health. Don't ask me why, I forget details. :)

I hope you feel totally better soon! Sounds miserable. And three cheers for Carl!

HURRAH!

Good Time Charlie said...

DP, Blueberries, and Dark Chocolate, thank you for following my advice. You will be feeling 100% very soon, like by 11 a.m. tomorrow? This is actually a very sexy picture of Carl. What woman wouldn't want this image of their husband, making dinner, refilling the flour canister (does mine even know we have one????) and all the while bringing home the bacon on a conference call! Carl, you the MAN!

queenieweenie said...

Yummy.

I hope you are feeling better. What a bummer to be sick and feeling yucky, but what an upper to know you are married to a rock star.

Celia Fae said...

Sally, I'm pretty sure it was the antibiotics. Miracle of modern medicine.

Jennie, I couldn't read. The pain pills made me dizzy. It was sad.

Thanks Robin.

Nor, Carl is channeling Janet Jackson. Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

Christie, Carl is available for the right price. It includes a plane ticket for me!

More later. YW coming over.

Celia Fae said...

Jeanelle, too bad the flour is blocking the B of A logo. It was part of the package.

Annemarie, Carl goes. He's gone.

Crazy, I'm cracking up at the "being sick is hard enough on its own." Some of that stuff was yuck.


Rachel, if only Carl would organize a birthday tribute post, life would be complete.

Ellie, Mark loved our refrigerator the most. Cream cheese! Two percent!

Diane, I'm doing a BC post just for you.

Gab, he never gives good presents for Valentines so you can have him.

Lauren, you should try pom juice. It's rad.

Linsey, chia seeds are used to grow pets in your stomach. Duh.

Joe, who are you? And hi.

Charlie, you need to post one of Mark wiping the floors. You know its a good look for him.

Queenie, my rock star is jack sprat.

Sally said...

P.S. Joe is my BIL, Emily's husband. It's okay--he's with me.