Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting Married in the Morning



Phil and Aubrey got married today.


Everybody was there.

It was a scorcher of a day, but we came prepared.


At least I didn't have to wear a big heavy dress like some people.


My mom and her BFF Alice made some box lunches for us to enjoy during picture taking.

The food made us extra happy.

After we ate we had plenty of energy for messing around.

In the evening, Phil and Aubrey had a ring ceremony.


Alice was a flower girl but she failed her duties. She was happy to have leftover petals, though.


One highlight of the reception was the "children's area" with little tables and snacks.

The kids also enjoyed beating the heck out of the Phaubrey pinatas. Too bad the candy drool got on their fancy white dresses.

The reception also featured some comfortable seating areas and


a display with wedding photos from both families.

That's me 17 and a half years ago. We were so young.


It was fun to see all of the cute details at the party.

Most memorable was the sparkler tunnel that the newlyweds exited through at the end of the night.

Phil gave it a big thumbs up. Or maybe he's excited about something else....

We were worn out by the end of the evening.

Especially me.

I can't wait until the next wedding.

18 comments:

Paige said...

Oh yours are really good. But I hope Camille waits a good long while. Until everyone forgets this wedding, like that's ever going to happen.

Tristan said...

Gorgeous!! Alice almost steals the show! You look great by the way!

Rochelleht said...

WOW! Stunning.

Nancy said...

What a great synopsis! I love the details at the reception, and the kids' table... what a brilliant idea!

Nancy said...

Love the report! Can't wait for even more pictures! So, when your kids get married, can I come help and be the BFF? Too bad neither of us can really cook. I could at least be good company and moral support. :)

kara jayne said...

gorgeous wedding and great ideas. i have to know if there is a pattern for the dress the blonde bridesmaid in the middle is wearing...the one with sleeves and ruffles on the neckline?!! i'm not kidding either. it's adorable and i want to make it.

oh, and max is getting tall.

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing, I love the sparkler tunnel, gotta remember that one.

Lauren in GA said...

Those parasols are really fabulous. Everyone looks so wonderful.

So, did Alice fail in her duties because she wanted to keep the pretty petals? I love the, "messing around" picture. You people are a good time ☺.

The picture of you resting on the grass is cracking me up. Glad you found some fabulous pink toile covered pillows to rest your weary bones. You look smashing, my dear!

jane dough said...

Did your mom's friend Alice go to Berkeley Ward today? She looks just like someone who was there visiting today.

diane said...

It looks like you guys had a beautiful day.

I love the box lunch idea. I will use that one for our next wedding.

Anna said...

Even though I am soooo partied out, you paint an inviting picture. That Aubry is sure purty. Phil looks so happy he could pop.

Ellie said...

my arm= fat. Always.

queenieweenie said...

I'm coveting her dress. Is that weird?

You all look beautiful.

Nortorious said...

You're all doing the same pose in the funny picture, and I have white devil horns. Good one.

Hollyween said...

Congratulations on marrying your brother off. I'm doing the same thing in a few months. Phil and Audry kind of look alike. Don't ya think? So cute. She is beautimus.

You look awesomely skinny.

Hollyween said...

Um, I wrote 'Phil and Audrey', but I meant 'Aubrey'. I swear.

Jake said...

Beautiful. What a lucky girl...all these amazing sisters she has now!

miss aubrey said...

This is fantastic!! I had a big fat laugh over phaubrey alone in my room. you also caught the perfect suffering in hot dress moment. so. hot.