A photo from last week at church, when I was alone with the kids in my pew and Carl was enjoying his last day up front. My husband is the guy with glasses on the left.
This week the circumstances were reversed. Carl, the tiny guy in the blue (!) shirt sat alone with the kids while I sat in the front. It really wasn't as peaceful as I thought it might be because I had butterflies the whole time. I was speaking. It wasn't my best work. Plus, I had technical difficulties that distracted me.
I was disappointed that Carl handled the kids beautifully. They didn't even have to go out. Of course, he had contraband Smartees that he bribed them with, but still. Way to make a mom feel insecure.
Now a note about picture taking in church. It's wrong. Don't do it. It's Against The Rules. But, if you were to take a picture in church, here are some tips:
- Make sure the flash is off.
- Use a camera that doesn't make sounds when a picture is taken. My iphone is perfect.
- Pretend like you are looking at something on your device and then "accidentally" snap a photo.
- Take the photo while everyone is looking elsewhere. Like at a hymn book.
- The picture framing and quality is bound to be bad. Suffer along.
Don't do it. Don't take photos at church.
How many hyperlinks to Mormon.org do you think I have to install before I am absolved of my picture taking sins? Do you think it is ten to one? More?



20 comments:
Oh, you are a bold girl. This is blogging at it's finest.
Hmmm...what will the next dare be???
Thanks for the "tips" for taking pictures in church. The first thing I'd need though is to have a phone that takes pictures.
Bad. You sneak your camera into the temple, I report you. But that is a great picture.
I bow to the blogging Queen.
Maybe you should say a few Hail Mary's. Do you have a rosary?
I love the technical difficulties.
I have...
1. let kids take pictures with my camera during sacrament
2. participated in secret photo snapping of "lady with hats" during sunday school (we're hoping to capture 12 of her hats for a calendar)
thank you for your tips. they will come in most handy.
also need your address. I have 2 flower girl invites for two certain flower girls at your house. here is my email: missaubreyalise@gmail.com
You could probably convert your 'sin' of chapel photography into a business. Maybe you could do surreptitious video recordings of baby blessings, primary programs, and first talks. I'll bet you could make a bundle!
I belly laughed when I clicked on the link for, "technical" difficulties. You are so good!
Carl is a smart man. I was going to make a play on words that he brought, "Smartees" and he is so smart...but I guess that's too obvious.
i hear they allow the iphone in hell. enjoy.
Would you stop with the Sacrament Meeting photos already?! Sheez!
That bugs that Carl was successful in kid wrangling at church. So not fair. I always wait for Scott to have some equal opportunities and then he does something like get Grace to go to sleep so he doesn't have to chase after her. That never works for me!
I hate it when the kids act so well for the hubby. I just don't get it! I wonder if my kids have been good for the lat 4 weeks I haven't been to church.
You could go into a little side business so people like me who can't hobble into church can partake!
just a thought!
Personally, I was quite relieved when I heard Carl wasn't the new Bishop. I had feared that your surreptitious photo taking and irreverent blogging about Mo culture would be severely curtailed. God does hear and answer prayers.
When Salt Lake sends out a letter asking members to not take pictures with their cell phones in sacrament meeting, I will totally bust out laughing. You rebel, you.
Your link was the best part of this post.
It's all about the laugh...who cares about number of links. I absolve you in direct correlation with how funny it is.
Really really funny, this one.
There are just so many things at church I would love to take a picture of. I don't even know where to begin. What I would love to see you do is a compare and contrast on the clothing worn to church within one ward. There are some mighty interesting things to be discussed there. Men and women, there is much to dish about.
Crud, now non-LDS people will know how utterly mundane our chapels are. I like the mystic of our church and having people think we sacrifice cats or something in there. Unfortunately, the craziest thing we have is that scratchy carpet-like wallpaper to keep kids from climbing the walls.
Now that Carl is out of the bishopric, does that mean the "blind eye" will no longer be turned to your photo habit?
This is so hilarious I'm not even sure what to say. Does Carl know about your photography habit?
1. I am so happy that Jessica can absolve us of sin, I am going to totally start sucking up to her.
2. Redoux had not better start taking pictures of my family in church and I hope to hell and back that I am not in her compare and contrast post.
That looks like a phase building. And it looks like from where you're sitting it doesn't have a raised platform. Interesting. I've seen a pink chapel and a baby blue chapel before and these things make me curious. My hometown ward chapel had a huge stain glass picture of Jesus in Gethsemane. I should have gotten a picture! (but maybe not during the meeting)
Post a Comment