Finally I get to do a RAD featurette on someone I don't know! I looked all over Cynthia's blog and I can't figure out where she came from, but I'm happy to have her visit me occasionally nevertheless.
Cynthia's husband Dave making a death defying leap.
Cynthia, her husband, and her family of four kids live in Arizona. Speaking of her kids, she writes:
We have passed a major milestone in our family. Everyone who wanted a Halloween costume this year made or assembled or purchased their costume ALL BY THEMSELVES!!! I didn't sew, glue, build or purchase a single thing! Am I one lucky mom or what?
Cynthia's kids in costume
Cynthia's blog chronicles her travels and travails. She documents a wayward fig tree, the necessity of road trip food, and my favorite, a writeup of text messages she has saved on her phone. Sample:
Madeline: Just seen at the fair -- nineties old man, jeans, plaid shirt, farm hat, oxygen tube and tank on motorized wheelchair. Now here's where it gets weird - the chair has chrome skulls on the handles, strobe lights, and flames. Obviously he has been a victim of "Pimp my Wheelchair"
Me: What, no pictures?
Madeline: I'm telling you, he was fast.
When I first read Cynthia's blog a couple of weeks ago, she had a list of quirks about herself. One of her quirks was this:
2. This probably just comes from living in the desert, but I love to have air movement around me. There are ceiling fans everywhere in our house. I feel kind of claustrophobic when I sleep in someone's home and there is no air conditioning, no fan, no open windows, no breeze.
Now whenever I am in my room trying to sleep without any moving air, I think of Cynthia and feel claustrophobic. My husband has enjoyed sleeping with the window open for the past few weeks. He thanks you, Cynthia.
If for no other reason you visit Cynthia's blog, you'll want to read about a memorable moment. It includes her in her bathing suit at a water park. You know you want to go there.

5 comments:
Thanks for introducing me to another mother of teens blogger.
I love her water slide story!
Oh my gosh. That was a fun surprise! I don't know how I found your blog. Just random clicking around different blogs, I suppose. Thanks for the post. (Back at you on my blog today too.)
You are hilarious. Love the "Troy Toy" post. haha
Thanks again.
Oh, my...I had to read the water slide post...at least you got free pizza, Cynthia...
You are so rad, Celia :)
Happy RAD to Cynthia! Another ode to blogging to meet such cool, new people!
Post a Comment