Four things that made my Thursday practically perfect:
2 boxes spice cake mix (don't add all of the eggs and stuff to it)
1 can pumpkin puree (not the kind with spices in it)
1 bag chocolate chips (I used two because I like the cookie to chocolate chip ratio higher than most people)
Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.
So good, and guess what? They're diet. That's right. Diet cookies. No eggs or oil or butter. That makes them diet. Plus, they're packed with pumpkin, which is probably good for you. The chocolate chips are there just for show. They don't count when combined with pumpkin.
I finished this book. I haven't been consumed by a book in a while. I thought they were losing their magic for me. I was happy to discover that all I needed was some good writing and a great plot. Hello, reading. I'm back. My brain spent most of the day thinking about the characters and it was like a mini-vacation for me.
Received the gift that keeps on giving in the mail: my People magazine. Sexiest man alive issue. I realize I've been featuring some inappropriate young boys here on my blog, and I'd like to redeem myself by offering this magazine to you. It includes men who are of legal age.
The best part about the magazine is a new feature: Scratch and sniff. They have a section where the pinups tell their favorite fragrances, and then there is a scratch and sniff on their picture so you can partake. No armpits included.
Finally, I went to Old Navy so I could purchase numerous items for two dollars each. Mostly for Alice because she needs clothes like a hole in her head. I wonder why two dollars is the magic number for me? I even bought stuff for Alice's clothing benefactors, Beatrice and Mimi. It's all I can do to stay home this morning and not go back and buy the stuff that is left. Momma loves a bargain.
Please notice there is no mention of husband and children in this post. Sometimes I don't think I exist beyond wifedom and motherhood, but this post reminds me that it's really all about ME!


27 comments:
It HAS to be all about us, sometimes!
Mervyns has rack and racks of $2-$6 clearance stuff! I might just go run to Old Navy and Costco and get me some CHEAP STUFF (gas:$1.93!!!)
Thank you for the recipe! I too like a high chocolate chip ratio in each and every bite.
I am glad you had a great day for you. You deserve it.
I have been making my husband read books that people mention on blogs. I am going to give him the one you mentioned next.
Thank you for the recipe! I too like a high chocolate chip ratio in each and every bite.
I am glad you had a great day for you. You deserve it.
I have been making my husband read books that people mention on blogs. I am going to give him the one you mentioned next.
I was totally expecting a movie review. I will make cookies this weekend!!!
Jenibelle, go to my site for a review! :) Oh, I love those cookies! A girlfriend of mine brought them over once and said, they have NO SUGAR in them! (um, what do you think is in the cake mix hun?) I didn't want to burst her buble, so, I didn't tell her.
So, I have always felt like there was something wrong with that recipe -- duh, not enough chocolate chips. Let's have some all about you/me time when we come to visit!! I like your style.
Celia- I made those cookies yesterday too! They are so good and i ate a million because i feel like they are "healthy" and I espeically love the ones I made with extra chocolate! yum!
Loved this post--I'm going to make the DIET coookies. That means I can eat the whole batch right? Love the scratch and sniff picure--I'm going to have to pick that up.
So glad you liked the cookies. I use the diet cookie excuse to eat 10x as many as I normally would. They are addicting little suckers.
You are so very funny. And random. And whitty. And suprising... I never know what to expect when I read a post from you!
OK, seriously...baking, reading, smelling hot guys & shopping...PERFECT DAY!!!
I'm jealous.
Yay! Gimme the clothes. Bea doesn't need them but we'll take them!
Hey, thanks for the heads up about the Old Navy stuff. I went right after lunch, looking for items for the girls, came out with nothing for them, but lots for ME.
That is a great book. I read it when it first came out, and was deeply engrossed until the end.
i'll be home the rest of the day so feel free to drop by and bring me some of those cookies.
I finished Thirteenth Tale two weeks ago. No bad. Have you read Rebecca? It is worth the read. Gothic novels rock.
Nice to see that People magazine is appealing to all the senses these days.
Oh, you hit on three of my most favorite things...Food, People Mag and Clothes shopping! Well done.
I am glad you are back in the books too. By the way, People mag is not literature, but I can't fly on a plane anywhere without one in hand. Seriously, the only time I read it, except of course for the issue you just blogged about. Yum yum here I come.
Yeah, welcome back to books. I just finished 'Atlas Shrugged' and I hated it. Maybe I'll read this next.
Those cookies look like little pumpkins.
The cookies were fab! Thanks for sharing. I shared some with Holly and she loved them too! Love the shopping!
Wish I could of joined you on your nice Thursday, and where are my pumpkin cookies.
So, cookies AND arm pit sniffin'? Why I'll be right over girlfriend!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I absolutely LOVED that book. I thought it was very well written. Sometimes in books I skip over a lot of detail, but in this book, I soaked it all in. I hated to have it end.
So glad you liked that book!
And I really liked that post with all the Celia details.
I was reading that book at this exact time last year. LOVED it.
Anything with pumpkin in it is considered an orange vegetable, counts toward the 5-a-day, and makes you skinny.
All about you? I beg to differ...bet you shared the cookies with the kiddos and husbandman and NONE of the clothes purchases were for you. See...you are a brainwashed mama even when you think you are being selfish...not so:)
I read that book last year and loved it! So fascinating, and disturbing all at once.
Just WHAT are you sniffing in that picture, madame???
And hello! You have a "mimi" in your family? HOW did I not know that? My 5 yr old is named Mimi. Do tell.
Post a Comment