Claire and her special Costco pickles. The jar will last one day.
Remember this post about a possible membership in the warehouse that is Costco? Well, I joined. I went with a friend's card once and realized that I should join on the merit of their well-priced toiletries alone. With two adults and two adolescents in my home, we go through a lot of shampoo, toothpaste and other hygiene items. We know how I feel about personal cleanliness.
I felt good about my decision until I purchased the uncooked tortillas that Robin recommended. Oh, those doughy hot puffy tortillas made everything taste better. We lived on them for a week, at which time I returned to Costco to purchase more. They were out. I didn't think anything of it.
After returning to Costco in search of tortillas four times, I want a refund. I'm so mad that I had a chance to get addicted to the tortillas and now they are being withheld from me. It's personal. Ole.
Does anyone have a close relationship with uncooked tortillas they'd like to share with me? How about a dealer? I'm willing to pay shipping for those babies, and they aren't even chocolate.


23 comments:
Aren't they FAB.U.LOUS??? I had to actually ban myself from buying them. Those and the GIANT block of Tillamook cheese put me in a serious quesadilla induced coma.
Claire and I could hang. I love those pickles, too.
I'm hungry. Crap.
Are they gone forever???? I buy them EVERY time I go to the store. Sunday night, our friends came over, and we went through an entire package. It was amazing. If you can find out a way to get them to you without going bad, I'll ship a few packs to you.
I have them in my freezer and for a mere $1,000 to my paypal account, I will gladly send them along. Hey, a girl has to make a living... and you know, you are karl have been saving up for just such an emergency. RIGHT?
Ever since that one commenter of yours mentioned the tortillas in that post awhile back, I've been meaning to buy them! How sad that now I probably cannot! But maybe things are different in our state!? Unlikely, but possible. If I find some at ours, do you want me to send you some?
Lindsey, you are ever so kind. As soon as I get my bailout money, I'll paypal you one grand.
Thanks for the offer, Anne. I might just take you up on it. Maybe in the winter they'd be naturally cold when shipped? Like Sees candies?
celia,
with your supreme culinary skills, i am confident that you can prepare your own tortillas that will be far superior to those of a mammoth wholesale foods chain.
con amor,
andrea
Crap. Why didn't I space my food posts out more? Now I look gluttonous. Oh well, gotta have a theme, right?
I have not heard of these tortillas! Why am I always the last to hear about the good stuff at Costco? Now I need to get a membership again. I didn't renew mine because I never went to Costco. Now I guess I have a reason to go and track down these tortillas.
They have them at Sam's Club. And they Are good!
I am totally flattered that you confused me with Robin, since she is one of my awesome sisters that I look up to. Still, I want credit for recommending the tortillas. It was me, and I knew you would get addicted and it would make your Costco membership totally worthwhile.
I think the reason why this matters to me is that I am feeling bitter, sad and confused about the uncooked tortillas. The Costco near me has not had them since I moved here (3 months) and last week they told me they would NOT be getting them back. *sigh, sniffle*
HOW COULD THEY?!
Waaaaaah. I miss you, dear uncooked tortillas. I am left wondering--is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? *sigh* (again)
I hope you get them back, Celia. I'm sorry I introduced you to them, only to have them so cruelly taken from you.
They are soooo good. I get them from a local mexican restaurant occassionally... It's worth a try if there's a good restaurant near you.
Those are the only reason I joined Costco. I love those damn tortillas. I can't even find them in my local one. So unreliable.
What is the brand name of the tortillas? Do a search and find the manufacturer and sometimes they will tell you all the stores that carry them. Just a thought... that's how I get my favorite hot wing spice packets... from the manufacturer. Good luck!
http://theblueridgegal.blogspot.com/
Are they the Tortillaland brand? Here's a link where you can order them online. Hope this helps and thanks for the heads up on the tortillas being so wonderful!
http://www.mexgrocer.com/44946-08210.html
http://theblueridgegal.blogspot.com/
Wow - you are all up late or way to early ..... anyways. We used to get them when I was growing up - and I am sure my mom still gets them at sams - so now you need one of those memberships! It must be a scam.
I miss Costco, sigh. This is not a great help, but it's kind of a help. Wal-Mart (yes, I did just type that) sells a tortilla mix for like $2 a bag that is literally add water, roll or form into a round and brown. It's easy and the result isn't the same as the Costco variety, but it tastes a lot better than pre-fabbed. Or, you can just make them from scratch, tapping into your culinary genius once again.
We've got them here in Idaho. The kids live on them. In a pinch I've found them at Smith's but don't think they have Smiths where you are. Call Costco and find out what the deal is. I hope you find them.
That is a TRAVESTY! How dare you be denied! If I had a Costco here I would ship you some. At least you have those pickles, right? Of course, I do not recommend substituting pickles for tortillas when you make quesadillas.
We are sisters in pickles. Now I feel even more of a connection to you :) I've never had those tortillas but now I am going to keep my eye out at Costco (I'm still looking for a Costco flirting guy like Christie had but never found one of those either.)
I can check my costco. The you could come up here and we could go to apple hill!
I have to agree about those tortillas. I have one unopened pack in my freezer. If you lived closer, I'd hand deliver them. Ya know, for a small fee.
I have cooking them down to a science. Lightly cook one side, flip over, put cheese, canned chicken from Costo (yes. It's the best), onions, tomatoes, peppers, flip half side over to seal, cook, flip over, flatten out so some of the cheese drips out and cooks. Oh. Baby.
That pickle picture makes me want to barf.
I also had to ban myself from those cook-able tortillas. They make you never wanna go back to those thick, unloved, factory made gross ones that leave a weird taste in your mouth.
Buy a membership to Walmart and try theirs. My Walmart carries them and they are just as good.
Post a Comment