Photos from the latest Macy's catalog:
Vests are back, my friends. Are you ready? I am. I still have all of mine from 1994.
Ah, the denim vest. Long enough to cover my bum. All of those pockets make me look like a fisherman or photographer. I wish you could see my feet because there are stirrups there.
I was so fashion forward I even wore vests over my t-shirts after wallyball games with Jeni's husband. This photo looks kind of naughty, huh? Pretend like the brown stuff is beer and you could really get me into trouble.
I bought this yellow and white checkered vest at the University Mall in Orem when I was visiting an old college roommate. She invited some friends-who-were-boys over and I had to have something new. I bet I really impressed them. Grandma Gail and Grandpa Rulon seem to like it too.
I wish you could see the plaid vest in its full glory. I wore that thing to pieces. Baby Max and my long lost dog didn't care if I wore it every day. You can borrow it if you want to. It looks good on everyone.
Is it too soon for me to start wearing my vests? Do I have to wait until September 21? I'm so excited. I wonder how I can gets vests on my husband and children. We could have a fully vested family.





35 comments:
VESTigial-
a bodily part or organ that is small and degenerate or imperfectly developed in comparison to one more fully developed in an earlier stage of the individual.
If the Sears catalogue is your fashion go to source it is time to evolve.
Oh, I've got some doozey pictures of you in vests too! I wonder if they all have to be short now? That would not help cover my sins. If only LOOOOOOOOOONG vests would come back in style. Why don't you be fashion forward, an icon and do all us curvy girls a favor and be a pioneer? Thank you.
(If you need, I can always sew you a few. Pony is in this year.)(Or patent...a patent vest....)
Do you have a Halloween vest with lots of spooky animals on it? :)
does embracing this new trend also make one vestal?
Just say no, Celia...just say no.
Yeah totally pull of the vest. esp. the red and blue gingham, plaid one!!! YIKES
I think you should skip the shirts and do a DOUBLE vest look. You know, just to really show how fashion forward you are.
Love it. I had a suede vest (navy blue) in middle school that was my "nice outfit." Some boy got mayonnaise on it in the lunchroom and I cried. I like that pink vest from Macy's. I might have to inVEST.
i have a blue plaid vest that i JUST GOT RID OF a couple months ago. i thought i was the only cheapwad who hangs onto everything in hopes that it will come back in style. i feel like we can now be official kindred vestwearing spirits.
can you hear me laughing from down the street?!!
Tell me you don't have a Christmas vest. You know, with some snowmen and Santa's sewn all around.
Celia, you are soooo fashion forward with all your old vests and just think, you don't even have to spend any money to be in style.
I love all your vests! You are a true testament that trends always come back.
Love the picture of you and Byron, he never changes.
I have that plaid patchwork vest too! I mean HAD, I HAD it. I wouldn't have it still...
That is so fantastic. They'll also go well with your comfy shoes.
I bought a vest last year from Shade. Man, I am way ahead of everyone else.
Do you really still have all of those old vests?
That's awesome. I remember a time when I had probably 10 or 20 vests in my closet and I wore one at least 4 or 5 times a week... I even had my pretty Sunday vest. Scary that they're coming back... to bad all my old ones are gone.
I told a lie, I must convess,
I did not save my ugly vest(s).
It kind of makes me sad I didn't keep my vest around (like any of them would still fit!)
Awesome old pictures- you really were the vest girl.
I'm sure you can find a matching pair of Crocs to go with your vest.
I never really wore vests. I don't think I will wear them now either. My boobs have always been too big...just looks funny! Believe me! If I can even get the vest to button over these ladies that would be a sight! Yours were very fashion forward back in the day!
I had a lovely sunflower vest. You look fabulous in your vast vest collection.
I wish I would have saved by beautiful vest from the 90's. I guess I will have to borrow yours
The funniest part of this blog is me imagining you chuckling to yourself as you wrote it.
Scanning the old pictures show that you're invested in your blogging.
I only have one vest left...it is a Christmas one that looked awesome (yeah, right) when worn over a red or green turtleneck! Maybe I'll just pack it up and send it to you.
I had some lovely vests, too but, I must confess they didn't hold a candle to your fabulousness.
I love the bum coverage that my vests provided me, just as you mentioned...and I had so many stirrup pants, too...I feel so close to you, Celia.
I had the plaid vest, I kid you not. I thought I was super hot in that thing. LOVED it.
I didn't save mine either. Bet we could find some at Goodwill. They're always behind the trends. They wouldn't know how hot vests are yet to mark them up from 30 cents to 50 cents.
What would have possessed you to give those away? They're classics!
Oh I cringe at the pictures I have of myself in vests. I have noticed the trend in fashion to vests too and it is frightening. I just don't think I can invest in vests again. This is one of those things that remind of my days of big hair. Not good.
This is how I know we are the same age...I had floral. I had plaid. I had denim. I had knit. I had holiday. I feel young and beautiful just thinking about them.
You look hot in your vests... too bad you didn't keep them.
It took some serious digging to find those vest pics. The vest part of an hour, I'm sure!
I had them too...oh the shame.
Darn! I just sent mine to DI last month. I knew they would come back...oh well, some DI-er is gonna get lucky!
Post a Comment