
Children's actions that made me unhappy according the exhaustively kept Happy/Sad Chart.
- stole Hershey bars
- didn't eat breakfast at the table
- complained about forgetting his lunch
- turned the light back on after lights out
- was rude when I picked him up from dentist
- announced she needed new shoes the morning of a trip
- left clothes on the bathroom floor
- threatened Henry
- won't share food with sibling
- cleaned grumpily
- got mad when I asked him to come downstairs
- cried during cleaning
- kicked Carson
- got into bed with clothes on instead of pajamas
- watched Barney nekked
- used my headphones
- got ready for church quickly
Children's actions that made me happy according to the Happy/Sad Chart, which was kept for one week.
- asked for lunch nicely
- played with Claire
- didn't act grumpy in the morning
- made half of his lunch
- put away clean clothes
- played with Henry
- made cookies
- made mac and cheese and shared it with Alice
- went into school to get Henry
- led FHE
- let me help him with his skin
- put dishes in sink
- played Legos with sibling
- accepted his punishment
- woke up Max
- put Alice in Dad's car
- apologized for whining
- practiced soccer at Sol's house
- filled up my water bottle
- swept cheerios
- got me some Whoppers
- made brownies
- agreed to babysit Henry
- put Alice in car
- went to bed early
- put Alice to bed
- didn't protest when he was grounded from eating bread for one day.
If I'm not happy, nobody's happy.

17 comments:
I love "got ready for church quickly". Funny.
The chart was a "no keeper", huh? I'm always so excited when I come up with a new gimmick promising FABULOUS results...then a day or two into it I want to kick myself, the gimmick, and anyone else within the vicinity.
If you upped your dose none of this would matter. Nothing would matter, in fact.
The chart was definitely a keeper. I liked how me-centric it was. If the sad faces outnumbered the happy faces by Saturday, they had to do extra chores. It worked. Try it.
I like this chart idea! I wonder if Maddie is old enough for it to work with her.
Ah, so true..."if Momma ain't happy, Ain't nobody happy."
I like this idea...I am very into anything, "me-centric"!
Sorry, Henry got threatened. I am sure the frowny face properly chastised the threatener.
Trust me. If you attach your happiness to your kids behavior you will be in a rubber room in no time!! Especially if you have more than one child! I swear mine used to tag team to see how quickly they could make me crazy.
why do you have barney po*n in your house?
oh. wait. you meant the KID was nekkid. my bad.
If only Alice wouldn't be so grumpy and rude when you picked her up from the dentist, then maybe Max could watch his Barney nekkid in peace.
Aren't I helpful?
which kid was nekkid? if it was Alice, "picture please"...if not, not thanks.
Amen! Love it!
P nut m&m's cure everything. Unless you share.
Why did someone getting ready for church quickly make you unhappy? Either you're weirder than I thought or that one's in the wrong column.
Who was grounded from bread? That made me LOL...something I NEVER do!
OMG.. when I first read the first line under the photos... I thought it said 'Children's AUCTIONS'... then re-read as 'Children's ACTIONS'. I'm such a dork.
testing testing
OMG, I think I got it to work. I haven't been able to get my comments to post on yours and Paige's pages. (he he, Paige's pages)
My comment: my lists floweth over.
Post a Comment