Thursday, September 25, 2008
Bring On Lawrence Welk
I watch Grey's Anatomy. It's a smutty and trendy show and I feel about as much shame for watching it as I do for liking Twilight. A girl's got to have her vices and I've got plenty.
Tonight was the season premiere of my trashy television show, and I am ashamed to say that I had a difficult time following the plot. I'm worried about what this says about me. Does it mean that my intelligence is less than the average viewer? Does it mean that I am too old and being phased out of prime time? Maybe my multi-tasking viewing skills are sub-par. I feel troubled.
I'm going to need a pen and paper for the next episode so I can keep track of the characters. I guess I'll have to put away my knitting needles. When wasting time requires note taking, is it still wasting time?
Posted by
Celia Fae
at
11:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Never watched Grey's. I am addicted to an even more trashy show. It is on the CW. I know, that is so high school! It is Gossip Girl and I LOVE IT!
But I have to give it my FULL attention or I miss things that are small but VERY important to the plot.
I love Grey's. It is seriously trashy. Seriously.
I am sorry you are troubled...were you blogging at the same time? I can never concentrate on much else while I am blogging. This reminds me of a couple of years ago when I told Mike that I wanted to start taking that herb stuff that is suppposed to help your memory...I recall saying, "I can't remember the name of it, though". I knew at that moment I was doomed.
You are so funny!
Switch to "Survivor" and you won't have to worry about taking notes. People get eliminated every week, so no need to keep track of the cast of characters. I find that I can multi-task while watching the show and still be able to follow the basic plot, which is, backstabbing, pairing off, getting food, then being voted off! By the way, I have plenty of vices too, it feels good to have company.
I was also very confused last night and I could not hate horse-face Haun more. She is such a man.
Bring back Addison.
I do love hot army surgeon dude though.
And yes, Gossip Girl rules.
I've never been into Grey's, but Lost does about the same thing to me. If I miss one episode, I'm completely confused.
I, too, love Grey's, and was only miffed that they're making Torres a lesbo. Seriously. What is up with that?
P.S. I want the hot army doctor to come back and kiss me, I mean, Christina, again.
Can't get into Grey's at all. I only like smut in my real life. LOVE Survivor and Project Runway.
But the important part of this post is your vices. Could you please expand upon those?
If you're taking notes, then it should count as furthering your education. A smutty (albeit enjoyable) education, but education nonetheless.
As for vices, I've got loads! Glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the validation! :)
I happened to catch the show while at the gym last night, watching it on a monitor which was bolted to the wall kind of far away, without earphones, just trying to read the closed captions while on a treadmill. I have no idea what was going on. hmmm.
Maybe is was the yummy Hagen Daz that got you distracted. Oh well, love the smut...
Bring on McDreamy!
You had a hard time following the plot because it was, well, a stupid plot. Oh my gosh it was dumb. I know it's fiction, and total eye candy, but come on! What hospital in the world would let a cami-wearing Army surgeon (who has shown no credentials, except for the pen in the guys throat) wander around the hospital 'saving' people??? Where's security?
Anyway, total disappointment, although, what was I really looking for? However, just watched Survivor on the internet. It's gonna be good this season. I may jump the Grey's ship and skip over to Survivor.
I knew there was a reason I stayed up and watched Grey's until 2 in the morning. How else would I get the full effect of your post? Though, I totally don't get your title. What the heck does Lawrence Welk have to do with Grey's? Is it because in its time Lawrence welk was trendy? I'm ashamed to admit that my mom still watches that show and used to make us watch it as well. It was pure torture.
But back to Grey's. The plot last night stunk. It wasn't just you that thought so. I think they just tried too hard and I thought the flash forward part with Merideth and Christina as old people was lamer than lame and they didn't even explain the flashes. I'll still watch it though because I love smut TV. You need to get into 'Lost'. It is REALLY the best. Same with '24'.
Oh, once again can you explain this new comment system? I don't get it.
(I like the new background--you know about me and simple blog backgrounds...)
What bugs me is RYAN ALWAYS knows what's going on! And I know he's not really smarter than me...I just wish I knew why he can follow plot lines so much better than me.
Just call me next time it is on and I'll walk you through it. Only, it has to be late, and DVR'd, because I can't handle my husband's lame comments if he watches it with me.
I haven't watched it yet! Darn is it that bad?
Christina is way prettier as a doll. But she still scored with GI Joe last night. That was hot. And McDreamy is just as hot as ever, and that's pretty much all I care about. The men on this show are WAY hotter than the women. Do not like Izzy's new haircut, and Meredith is so whiny. Anyway, I'm hooked, and it would take A LOT to get me to give up on my friends at Seattle Grace. A LOT. Like if Derek actually did die in a car accident. It would be over for me. Nuff said.
It means it was the MOST STUPID EPISODE EVER and I will be taking it off my tivo... Ugh. It was DUMB.
Post a Comment