Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Synopsis, Mother of the Year Edition

Alice in her element: shirtless, messy, pants full, hair undone. Oh, and shoeless.
Claire missed swim practice for three weeks due in part to my negligence and swam slowly in today's league finals.
Henry got his cast off. It contained a quarter. It left a mark.
Max was forced to walk a half mile to and from school every day because I would only drive him to the point where the traffic started.

Friend of the year: Took extra party favors home from a friend's wedding reception.
I'm all kinds of excellent. I should get a Mother of the Year prize.

17 comments:

Ellie said...

That cast picture makes me want to yack. But hey, free money.

Nortorious said...

Ew, I bet that cast smelled.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but everyone is smiling! That counts for alot in my book.

Lisa Cannon said...

A quarter? Hilarious! Couldn't he feel that?

Jenibelle said...

Thief.

Jenibelle said...

Thief.

Tristan said...

Thanks for the shots ;)

Lorie said...

Still laughing about the quarter...

Liz said...

What a great mom!! You allow Max get his exercise AND go to school at the same time...and I'll bet your friend wishes you had taken MORE favors home, what are people supposed to do with all those 'extra' favors anyways?? As far as the cast goes....who exactly put the quarter there in the first place!!?? My kid got a pencil eraser stuck in his cast once trying to scratch an itch. It got lodged between the cast and his wrist bone and hurt like crazy. We had to leave church, go home, and perform emergency 'eraser removal surgery' with a pair of chopsticks!! I think you're a GREAT mom!!

Stephanie said...

That is so funny that there was a quarter in his cast! Ha Ha!

Lauren in GA said...

So, did Henry know there was a quarter in there prior to the removal?

I am trying to think of something witty to say about the quarter being left by the cast fairy or something...I got nuttin'

I love that last picture of you, Paige and Tristan.

♥Shally said...

I am in the running for mom of the year too.. Cam has had 2 different earrings in for 3 weeks because she lost one and I am too lazy to go get a matching pair...

Makenna said...

I bet that quarter was so sick! and I bet Henry's arm was CRAZY itchey!

I am all for the loaded diaper and no shoes.

An its great that Max gets all the walking in - Think how healthy he will be by the end of the year!

You need one of those "Supermom" stickers for your car.

Paige said...

Whatever Alice is eating looks tasty. And our shots of soda were tasty. The cast appears to have molded at the top. So much for the cast protector.

Margaret said...

You win for sure!

Good Time Charlie said...

Hey, at least you made sure your kids are on their way to school, they actually got to a Dr.'s appt. Claire got to swim and Alice looks healthy and well fed. Sorry we missed you at wedding, we were early arrivers, early leavers! Travis was really made we didn't stick around for the cake to be cut and served.

Nancy said...

The favors from the reception was my favorite part of this post. Granted, I was there, and nearly died laughing, which makes it so much better.