Jenibelle ran this post featuring pictures from the eighth grade dance at the middle school across town. I'm slightly traumatized, mostly by the fact that my son probably saw the same sorts of Twin Things, at his dance. I keep coming back to the photos I took of the kids he went to the dance with. So to ease my mind and the minds of mothers everywhere, I wanted to let you know
What Girls Wear to Fancy Dances When They (or their parents) Are Reluctant to Let Everything Hang Out:
- Girl Number One: High necked flowy halter dress with black shrug covering all forms of nekkidness. Awesome chocolate eyes come with outfit.
- Girl Number Two: Cap sleeved dress with scoop-necked tee underneath for maximum coverage. Accessorized by gorgeous teeth. Those braces really worked out.
- Girl Number Three: Strapless yellow dress covered by white jacket with matching yellow piping. Jacket sewn by talented mother. All natural goldilocks are not available in stores.
- Girl Number Four: Black stretchy dress with spaghetti straps. Shoulders and chest covered by long sleeved jacket made of same material fastened by a cute pin. It's a good thing, because there's actually something to cover. Statuesque physique provided by good genes.
Just because the dresses are modest doesn't mean the shoes have to be.
Too bad they had to go with these goofy boys, huh? Mine is featured in the middle. He doesn't know how good he's got it, and I'm fine with that.
Looking good and no cleavage anywhere to be seen.
Mission accomplished.





26 comments:
What darling girls!
(and by girls I mean real girls, not the slang for boobs.)
Oh good, show me up!! Can't wait to have all those wholesome kids in Seminary next year! I have some Sr. Ball pictures that would send you into therapy and make you want to home school.
Ah this gives me hope. I can breathe a bit easier. I would love to plant a kiss on every single one of those beautifully modest (yet hip) girls and their parents.
there needs to be more celebrating of this attitude. these are girls who are on their way to good places. i'm glad for your son.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. My boys were on their way to being known as the "boy(s) in the bubble"
What a relief! They are just beautiful girls!! Max is one lucky guy!
I'm so proud of them. They all look gorgeous and so wholesome! I hope my girls will have friends like that when they're that age. And the boys look cute too. Great post Celia.
It's true...modest is the hottest.
VERY nice!
I love that I can see ALL the boys hands too. Yup, right where they're supposed to be. By their sides.
GREAT post.
Your son is HANDSOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Great photos of the kids.
Thank you. This was the perfect antidote for Andrea's prom post!
Yeah for tweens who don't show cleavage! Congrats on what looks like a very appropriate and fun night for your son.
I am so happy for you that those girls are so modest. They look wonderful and very stylish :)
This was great. Will those girls read your blog? Because I think they need love and adoration for their efforts to be modest and I think your blog would make them feel GREAT!
I am showing this post to Ali. So proud of those girls. Good for you for recognizing them.
All of those adorable, modest jackets, sweaters, and t's are being ripped off by those girls the minute they get to the dance. Who are you kidding?
How did you do that cool split picture?? With the legs on the bottom split from the top??
And how are you so smart to even take that picture beforehand?
Max is super cute & I love that he's well outnumbered by cute modest girls. :)
And I loved your post Celia! Thanks for the email.
Darling girls, darling Max.
seriously darling girls. California do cute modest better than anywhere else. (Utah doesn't cute un-modest exceptionally well, it's irritating.)
Tough to find modest dresses anymore. Better hope someone is a good seamstress to help.
Everyone needs to buy organic meat and milk so the hormones don't rush "development"....so says my granddaughter's pediatrician....
Cute girls with creative moms!
everyone looks wonderful...kudos !!
You're absolutely RIGHT! The shoes can be strappy, even if the dresses cannot! What cute, sweet girls (who have great moms).
Max's buddy on the right reminds me instantly of Jack Black. Hee!
I'm glad I have boys....
Cute girls. And very cute shoes!
Post a Comment