As you know, my husband, Carl has been working at home a lot lately. I recently discovered that he is working from home because he lost his job over a year ago. He has exhausted the generosity of our church without my knowledge, and now we are dangerously close to foreclosure on our home.
If you have tried to call me in the last few days, you may have noticed that our phone service is cut off, as well as the power. We are grateful for an unseasonably warm spring so our sweet Alice does not freeze in her tiny crib (she is underweight and the cold can cause her to lose more). We are also grateful for our large food storage supply so we do not need donations of food.
While this is embarrassing to reveal, we are at our wit's end. For this reason, I am requesting any and all cash donations. Our multiple lines of credit are depleted, so we must depend on the generosity of you, our friends. Any amount will make a difference. Please forward this post to everyone who may be sympathetic to our situation.
Thank you,
Celia Fae
As my sister Paige's husband is in finance, all donations are being put in a special account he set up. You are welcome to send the money to her for your convenience.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Please Consider Donating
Posted by
Celia Fae
at
11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

28 comments:
hillarious
You are too funny! It reminds me of the MAD magazine I read once as a child. There was a form to fill out that said "trace your house key here". Draw your house plan. What times are you away from the house? Do you have any dogs? an alarm? Etc Etc. Happy April Fools Day to You too!
That shifty Carl!
Ha
ha!!
I knew someone out there had to do a good April fool's post. Of course it was you.
Okay, my check for $1,000,000 is on it's way to Paige's new 300 acre mountain home. Hope this helps.
Paige, what a great sister you are. Gee whiz!
Thank goodness there were other comments, cause I ALMOST believed you. In this economic time, who knows. We're pretty close, though. Thank goodness we don't own our home.
Oh, I'll match Jenibelle's donation of $1,000,000 just to fatten up that little tiny Alice. Check is on its way.
So sorry for your pain.
Nice of Paige to hack your blog and "set up the account" for you though. She's so selfless that way.
You guys are hilarious.
Umm. Am I the only one to realize that this is only a desperate (and sad) attempt of Paige to buy more purses to replace all the ones she donated to FOAM (Farmers Of American Mushrooms)?
Boy you sisters really made my April fools day!
I believed you.
like i said on paige's blog... you GB gals play dirty.
i suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of relief that i have no sisters, and that we have never really met.
Seriously, not even one person believed it...Paige needs to work on her April Fool's jokes.
So I guess you really won't be coming to the AZ Blogfest...
Happy April Fool's Day
P.S. You can't trick us after talking about doing a really good prank....
Yes! I was totally counting on you to make this day for me...thank you.
Just loose the house, come live in San Diego, I have a spare room!
April Fools!!!
Good one, Paige...
I thought this was written by Celia as a joke (at first) for April Fool's Day but...I am wising up that you must have written it. It was very, very well written...a total lie...but very well written
this is a joke right
I'm slow. I was so confused at first and now I've figured it out. She got you. Did you get Carl yet?!?!?
I love that people thought you were serious. I am going to write down their names, because I need to remember who I can pull one over on! :)
HAR, HAR!!
OK, you got me for a sec. I thought, Carl is so dead...hey isn't this April fools?
Gosh, that was funny!
Awesome. I'm just glad Ellie hasn't fully introduced me and my sisters to the Greenbaum way of life!
funny, I was wondering when you were going to April Fool us. I'l trade Alice for money....
This wasn't funny, but it's not what you think. It's because I would actually LOVE to hang out at home and eat food storage for the rest of my life! Celia's the only person who would care.
Post a Comment