Tuesday, April 29, 2008

John Denver Rolls in His Grave



My bags are packed (only one, but it is a big one)

I'm ready to go,

I'm standing here

Because I know

If you wake up, I'll never leave the house (I parked outside so the garage door wouldn't wake anybody up).


The dawn is breakin

I woke up at four (who needs an alarm clock with Plane Anxiety?)

Your nose was makin

That lovely snore

Already I'm so happy

I could die.


So kiss me but don't touch me (I know I will love you again as soon as I return, so just wait)

Tell me that you'll pay for me

Don't hold me like you'll never let me go.


(Sing this part the whole day before a trip when everyone is driving you nuts. Make sure it is loud enough to drown out shrieks of embarrassment and/or dependency.)

CAUSE I'M LEAVIN ON A JET PLANE

DON'T KNOW IF I'LL COME BACK AGAIN

OH BABE, YOU NEED TO KNOW (need to know what? Need to know that I really am considering not returning but staying for a whole week instead of four measly days?).


And to think that song used to make me cry. Hmph.

23 comments:

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see you at BP. I also can't believe I was the first person to comment.

Lorena said...

Tee-Hee! Even thought I will be on like one hour of sleep, I don't care...

Lauren in GA said...

As always Celia...your song was pure genius!


Hey, thanks for adding me to your sideber...I want to meet youi one day, too lady :)

Robin said...

I am SO looking forward to meeting the Great Celia.

Linsey said...

Now it's just a race to see who is the most technologically sophisticated and gets their BP post up first.

Heather said...

John Denver without his shirt?-not so hot.

Hollyween said...

woo hoo!!!! I can't believe it's tomorrow! I'm sooo excited to meet you!

Christie said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I am so excited, I can't even stand it. Will tomorrow ever come? Get me the heck out of here!

Sally said...

I love new lyrics. That was great. See you tomorrow night!

Annemarie said...

I'm just "leavin in a silver car"...to drive 45 min away and I'm beside myself!! See ya Thursday!!

Lisa-Marie said...

SOB. SOB. SOB. SOB.

Enough about me. YOU HAVE FUN!!!!

Jake said...

I agree with Heather. Keep the flannel shirt on J.D. I do love him though and my mom and I predict he is already a Mormon now. (Along with Walt Disney...)

Just killin' time til it's time to head to the airport. Wonder how many clever comments I can compose in the next 20 minutes?

See you tomorrow, Baby!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

sniff. sniff. Have so much Fun! Punch everyone in the ovary for me, m'kay?

Bridget said...

Can't wait!!! See you soon!

diane said...

I'm here...Provo will never be the same!

Tristan said...

Lovely song! See you soon!

Ellie said...

Will Carl be updating your blog while you're gone?

Kristin said...

I know you're all very excited about Blogapalooza. Have a great time!! Can't wait to see pics!

Jenibelle said...

You know, I am finding it hard to love you when you plan a party that I can not go to and YOU KNOW I am always the life of the party!!!

Paige said...

I can't believe it's snowing there. I want to die. I also bet my suitcase is bigger. PLUS, blogger draft isn't working- it let me schedule one of my posts but not the others. Guess I'll be using your iphone.

Lisa Cannon said...

Pack warm...it is super cold here! I wish that I was coming. Maybe next time! My son Will is getting baptized and we are super busy.

Brigitta said...

clever again ms. Celia. Have fun in freezing cold provo. I am just jealous that I don't get to go, but I'm still on my honeymoon with my baby.

Penny said...

Have a blast! It is literally killing me that I am not there! So, I will anxiously be awaiting a post...