Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Skiiers, by Paige

Max, Henry, Charlotte, Celia, Carl, Fifi, Claire, Sol, Paige

After a fun-filled family ski weekend, I realized there are many new definitions for words you thought you knew. Below, I share some.

Skis- slidey things
Poles- sticks
Boots- I'm never wearing those hurty things again.
Chair Lift- Sky Chair
Of course I totally taught my kids to ski myself - Hundreds of $ in private lessons (actually cheaper than group lessons if you have four kids- Sol, Henry, Charlotte, Fiona)

Ski trip for Celia and Paige- Time away from housework
Ski trip for Carl and Jeff- Money pit

Lunch in the ski lodge- $100 worth of chips, candy, and soda


Grandpa Jim's idea of lodging- Scary cabin shown below where you are sure to be murdered

Celia and Paige's idea of lodging: Embassy Suites in S. Lake Tahoe (hey, free breakfast!)

How to get from my Dad's idea to Celia and Paige's idea: Lots of hugs and kisses from all for Grandpa. And a few tears from the mommies. Celia's fallen and she can't get up- rude gesture
Joy for Grandma Pamma- left at home for two days with the babies so she doesn't have to ski. In the picture below you actually see her clicking her heels as we drive away.


Sheer joy for Celia and Paige (and oh yeah, and Jeff and Carl)- skiing down the mountain with our kids!

No comments: