Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm Good Enough

The Good Mom buys her children adorable stuffed animals for a special Easter gift.
The Good Enough Mom recycles the giant dust bunny from the Goodwill pile.
The Good Mom would never ever let her toddler ruin her teeth and appetite with candy.
The Good Enough Mom is glad the toddler isn't yet wearing her Easter finery.
The Good Mom fills her children's Easter baskets with organic natural wholesome foods.
The Good Enough Mom provides a variety of chemical laden cavity producers in her children's baskets.
The Good Mom takes her children to a professional photo studio for a group Easter portrait.
The Good Enough Mom is thankful for pictures of the Savior in the Relief Society room.
The Good Mom puts together a fabulous outfit for herself.
The Good Enough Mom manages to shave her legs.
The Good Mom selects her children's Easter baskets with tender loving care.
The Good Enough Mom provides a basket that bears the name of her sister, meaning it is an heirloom at least ten years old.
The Good Mom delicately reminds older children that they might be outgrowing Easter egg hunts.
The Good Enough Mom allows the egg hunt to be a wild free-for-all.

The Good Mom has her home decorated for the Easter festivities.
The Good Enough Mom has managed to move her Christmas boxes out to the garage.
The Good Mom lovingly prepares a unique menu for her family to enjoy for their Easter meal.
The Good Enough Mom orders the Easter Meal Deal from Raley's. After reheating, the Good Enough Mom puts all of the menu items in real dishes. See also fauxmade. I hope the Hazen girls will still be my friends.

The Good Mom spends special times with her children the week before Easter dying and decorating hard boiled eggs.
The Good Enough Mom is thrilled to find religious themed stickers to apply hastily to the hard boiled eggs an hour before the hunt.
Hey! It's the Good Dad! The Good Dad spends time with his children after church discussing the real meaning of Easter.
The Good Enough Dad sends all of the children to their rooms for Quiet Time after church so he can raid their candy baskets.
And the Good Daughter. She has her local family over for dinner so her mom can have a break from cooking.
Yeah, that's me. I'm Good Enough.

35 comments:

Tristan said...

You are a great mom! Looks like a fantastic Easter spent with family!Your kids look great in their Easter outfits! Love the yellow dresses!

Hazen5 said...

I still love you!! Well done "Good Mom"!! The kids look outstanding.

Sally said...

1. Darling Claire hunting for eggs
2. Who needs a highchair when there's a countertop?
3. I don't know any other moms good enough to get JC in their family easter picture
4. Recycling (baskets or anything) is very virtuous

Happy Easter.

diane said...

We didn't dye eggs...pathetic!I will look for stickers at the after Easter sales. Thanks for the tip!

Lorena said...

I'm a little bit good with a little big of good enough mixed in for good measure.

(Love this post, BTW, you are brilliant!)

Lauren in GA said...

That picture of Claire in the Easter Hunt is very pretty...she looks so grown up and beautiful.


I love that you call that humongous bunny is called, "The Dust Bunny"

I like what Sally said. She is so clever.

Rochelleht said...

Egg hunt!? I didn't even take my kids to the one that someone else organized. How's that for good mom?

Jessica said...

This Good Enough Mom sent her oldest down with the camera yelling, "Emma's going to take some pictures of you. Everyone better smile!!!" while she finished curling her hair.

Christie said...

I don't like the Good Mom. She's annoyingly perfect and no fun because she never eats dessert. I like Good Enough Mom. She reminds me of me.

♥Shally said...

We had Mexican Food for our Easter Dinner...

And we liked it.

Lindsey said...

I am with Christie... Good Enough Mom's are good enough for me!

Nancy said...

You are so witty! I can't wait to hear what you say about the ski trip Paige just posted about.

the wrath of khandrea said...

god bless you, my child, and your catholic easter eggs as well.

i hope catholic salvation is also good enough for you.

Mel said...

LOL... thanks for the humor, I needed it this year;)

Christin said...

Don't cha just LOVE Easter. We managed to get all five kids in their Easter Dresses (with the exception of Luke) and didn't have any major catastrophies. This is a huge deal for us.

Christin

Lisa-Marie said...

I agree. Who wants to be the good mom? Too much pressure. I'll even settle for ALMOST good enough. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get!

I love the pic of Alice oozing chocolate bunny. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I COULD EAT HER! She is so sweet.

*Tanyetta* said...

What is the level BELOW good enough mom?

Put me there.

Thanks :)

p.s. great photos and you still rock!

Good Time Charlie said...

I would much rather be friends with "Good Enough Mom", she is way more fun. Good enough Mom in this house looked the other way while children OD'd on candy, one came out of primary crying of stomach ache, Dad took care of child, Good Enough Mom was at home avoiding people. Another child woke up in middle of night to throw up from Chocolate OD. Good enough Mom said, "put the towel wit the throw up on it in the wash, and go back to bed". Good Enough Mom didn't even have to rise from her bed to attend to sick child. How's that for Good Enough Mom!

Wendi said...

I think any kind of mom that is surviving is a great mom! I feel like I'm just barely surviving most of the time.

Lauren said...

I loved reading your post! It gave me lots of many needed smiles already this morning. :) Your kids are so cute!

AnnEE said...

All is forgiven. I dried out the Ham. I don't even LIKE ham!

I WILL say though, that your kids' Easter outfits are to die for! That automatically shoots you to best mom!

Heather said...

Jason dried out the ham, not you Anne.

Totally forgiven--next year--send your good mom here and I will cook for you til you pop.

crystal said...

You forgot to add that the Good Enough mom is laid-back, easygoing and happy--while the Good Mom is a nervous, perfectionist wreck.

I laughed OUT LOUD--for a full minute--at the Good Enough Dad part.

You don't realize it, but you just gave me a good 3 mos. worth of free therapy.

Bridget said...

The only way my kids got a big nice Easter dinner was because our neighbors invited us over. Otherwise I think it would have been hot dogs.

Jenna Harris said...

If those are the classes for "Good," then I'm only "good enough" too!

Nortorious said...

Fun party. We all look very Eastery.

calibosmom said...

This morning I realized we forgot to dye eggs-they haven't mentioned it so I'm hoping I got away with it-hey, its not like they eat them anyway. I end up eating the whole dozen eggs myself.

Ilene said...

I'm just glad that I am in the middle of selling my house so I don't have to feel guilty about keeping the Easter decor in the box.

Cute dresses for your girls. Do you remember that movie with Haley Mills called Summer Magic? Anyway, after that movie, I love a yellow dress. Our Easter was like 35 degrees and rainy. DEPRESSING.

Ellie said...

Alice looks like she is about to yack.

Jake said...

The yellow dresses are BEAUTiful! I didn't really notice what the boys were wearing, but I'm sure they looked good too.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anyone who qualifys as a "Good Mom." I have a feeling if I met her, I wouldn't like her.

Acceptance is the first step:
Hi, My name is Nicole and I'm "good enough" too.

Paige said...

Oh yes, love entry of the good enough dad.

My hair looks good in that last picture.

AZ Karen said...

Now, that's MY kind of Easter. I guess I'm good enough, too.

Fun post! You are definitely the 'Good Blogger'.

Hollyween said...

Oh, I love the picture of Alice with chocolate all over her face.
And I love that you don't have Easter baskets at your house either. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one in the crawl space digging for some remnant of one.

Linsey said...

Lenore told me to check out Easter Eggs and I was lucky enough to stumble upon this post - I am actually crying right now from laughing so hard. I have officially added to my list of things to do before I die: "meet Celia." Those cross stickers are hysterical and definitely 'good enough'.