Saturday, February 2, 2008

Best GHD Ever

Last year I celebrated Groundhog Day by buying myself a new water bottle. My rule was that I would have to do something different so it wouldn't seem like just another day. This year's Groundhog Day has been exponentially better and more interesting.

It started with an early morning trip to the Oakland Temple. It was a little bit different.

Then I had brunch with these women at Crepes a GoGo. I had a different kind of crepe, strawberries and bananas and chocolate.
After the long morning, I had a delicous nap. What was different about this nap was that I got to sleep as long as I wanted, which turned out to be four hours. I've been battling a mystery illness.

Following my delicious nap, I noticed a package waiting for me on the counter. It was this awesome bloomer from Katri, complete with an A on the rear for Alice. I love it. I've never gotten a Groundhog Day gift before!
Following my nap, I managed to watch a little of the funeral, but really I'm saving it for tomorrow.
For dinner tonight, I went to Carol's house and enjoyed tacos with other women and children. It was different because I didn't have to cook. Yay! We looked at some wedding albums. Talk about different. I hope some of those fashions never return.
Finally, upon my arrival home, I was greeted by this gift box of See's Candies, containing my very favorite chocolate, Scotchmallows. The Groundhog Fairy had arrived.

I think Groundhog Day is my new favorite holiday. What did everyone else do?

28 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I did a fat lot of nothing.

Brainfart central over here....

I'm glad you had a FAB day!

Jenibelle said...

Are those kitties real?

Ashley said...

Congratulations on scoring GHD gifts. I hope you feel better soon! Do you think it's mono? I voted for mono after reading your most embarrassing moment and the worst thing you ever did.

Alex said...

Happy belated GHD. I wish I had asked you a question for previous blog. So fun to read. I would want to be an editor in New York who's smart and wears black too! Chaa-awh!

Ellie said...

I don't think it counts to do "the Nancy" with a box of chocolates. Nice try though.

Paige said...

You win for best day, but you didn't even report on the groundhog. We had to look it up first thing this morning, it was so important here. The temple. Wow, you get a prize. How about some scotchmellows.

Marie said...

Happy Groundhog Day! I completely forgot all about it...sorry. I'm not really sorry, but it seems the right thing to say. What a fabulous day you seemed to have had. I love your comments, they make me laugh...even when I'm all alone in the kitchen reading them to myself. It sounds so odd to burst out in laughter in a quiet kitchen. It's like watching a movie and then realizing ..oh never mind that won't make any sense at all.

Lauren in GA said...

What a fabulous day!

I am so sorry about the mystery illness.

2 of my kiddos have strep throat so, my Groundhog day was filled with the usual glam that having sick kids brings.

That cat nap picture is so cool!

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog about the Pinewood Derby win. I would tell you how he fixed his car...but then I'd have to kill you...or cut your tongue out.

Actually, in all seriousness my husband handles all of that...I don't care about it..I mean, eh hem, everyone is a winner as far as I am concerned.

Audry said...

Yes, Celia, I too was expecting a groundhog report. I so wanted to go to the temple, but, my recommend expired.

shauna said...

I dreamed of a very fun vacation where I could recreate some childhood memories full of fishing and friend making. That was different.

Great report on the day. That would be a great way to spend everyday for another year.

Bridget said...

I surrender. You win for best groundhog day ever. I stayed in my PJs all day and read.

Hollyween said...

Ooooh... your GHD sounds awesome. I watched GBHinckley's funeral and cried and cried. Every time it's on TV I break out into tears. I think it's time to stop now. It's a happy thing though so I guess they're happy tears.

I've never had Scotchmallows. Please bring me some at Blogapalooza.

Erin said...

My GHD stunk, until my husband came home.
Yours looks fun, though.

P.S. I'm thinking of going to Women's Conference this year...where to I sign up for your Bloggerfest?

Rochelleht said...

How fun.. Aren't Katri's things adorable!? She's so talented!

I just loved the funeral. I really felt the spirit all day. It was just incredible. It was nice to be reminded of what is really important.

Travelin'Oma said...

I had no idea GHD was supposed to include gifts! I'm really sad now that nobody sent me any. I guess I won't send them any...that will show them!

Lisa-Marie said...

For GHD I spent 300 bucks grocery shopping. Different or not, that HURTS. Ouch.

I hope you are feeling better soon. You're not answering Christie's question are you?!?!!?!?!?

Jessica said...

DDR party...again. I love that game.

And your GHD Q&A was so fun. I hope the next one comes soon.

And how do you get presents from everyone? Do you send presents to them?

Christie said...

Have to say, I've never had a Scotchmallow. Sounds TASTY. I want one right now, dammit!

Anonymous said...

My Eddie had a meeting at JFK Univ. so we made the drive from Rocklin. I went shopping in W.C. and bought See's for a snack on the way home....picked his favorites (nut clusters) and yes, mine....scotchmallows! He thinks I got the candy to please him....wrong!!!

Jenna Harris said...

Cleaned my house. Watched the funeral. Cried. Had a fight with my 8-year-old at dinner. Won the fight.

Your day sounds better.

Lorena said...

I'm glad you had a fun GHD. I cried and cried during the funeral, so I am glad you get to watch it in sections.

GHD always reminds me of my BFF in high school who is not my BFF...and hasn't been since high school. Her B-day was on GHD and that is why I remember it. We had some falling out right before the end of high school and she doesn't like me anymore. That's OK. I last heard that she was a lesbian. To each their own, right?

the wrath of khandrea said...

i spent saturday preparing for what was supposed to be the best day of my year- superbowl sunday. i cooked every game food known to man. it was awesome.
and then there was sunday.
i swear the first person that says to me "that's what you get for watching football on sunday" will be hurt.

Ilene said...

Ah, checking out the wedding photos is fun, huh?

Quite a day... I will be blogging about my exciting saturday once I get the energy to download the pictures.

Britton said...

Those tacos look freaking good! I really need to eat lunch.

Wendy said...

Sounds like a great day. Nothing better than topping it all off with sees candies - scotchmallows are my favorite too. And please tell us more about those kitties.

Celia Fae said...

The kitties are a stock google photo, thanks for all of the mono votes, people, I don't know why people give me presents. I think it is because I'm extremely fortunate and they are very generous.

katri said...

Those bloomers are huge on her little rear. (cute!)

I was worried that they would be too little... so not the case.

Happy GHD!