Photo taken with my NEW camera that I gave to myself for Christmas. I know it isn't December yet, but I couldn't stand it anymore. Last night my daughter Claire and I went to a So You Think You Can Dance show with the SuperFans Paige and Camille, otherwise known as my sisters. A terrific time was had by all. The show did not disappoint.
Henry (7) packed a suitcase full of things for his one night stay at Grandma and Grandpa's in Reedley, by Fresno. Necessary items included a Dr. Seuss book, some stuffed animals, and a weapon or two. You never know who you might encounter on the farm. I hope he and Max and Carl bring home some oranges. Henry is always happy to visit Reedley and run around in the dirt. I am grateful my kids have the opportunity to go there. They love it.
Alice (1) got to have a close encounter with her namesake, Alice B. last week. Alice B., Janelle's mom, has been friends with my mom most of my life. Anyone who knows Alice loves Alice. I can only hope my Alice will be as wonderful as Alice B.
Cousin Mimi, Nor's baby, loves Max. Most babies do.
Max (13)didn't have school this week so he was able to catch up on his very important video game playing. He argued that his friends played video games for three hours a day, and since he isn't allowed to play at all during the week, he needed to play double that to make progress. Following that ill-advised argument, he was shipped to Grandma and Grandpa's farm.
Claire (10) was in a talent show this week. The act consisted of her friends singing "Raindrops on Roses" and Claire accompanying them on the piano. She is in fifth grade this year, and she has a great group of friends. It will be sad to see them split for middle school next year. Claire and I have had a lot of mother/daughter time together lately and we enjoy each other's company.
Carl is pretty sure He Can Dance. Especially with those sporty socks on.
Carl went on an organized bike ride with my dad on Thanksgiving day. His bike, circa 1981, ran well and didn't even get a flat. My Carl, he is thrifty and loves to use old things. I can't comprehend it, but I am proud of him. He is the original recycler.

30 comments:
I'm just excited to be the first post. And, am still a little ticked that no one has offered to have a blogging party here in sunny Phoenix with PP and me.
Congrats on the new camera- I bought myself one for Christmas too!
I got a new camera, too! Merry Christmas to us!
I want a camera that can fit in my purse. I've never seen SYTYCD but it seems to have quite the following. I know a lot of superfans of the show, but you guys looked the most enthusiastic. very fun.
Jeff said I don't need a Canon Rebel like Brit because I wouldn't use it. I still want it. Or at least your new camera.
Claire can accompany? Nancy better look out!
That's one tired baby. What, no naps at your house?
Do you dance along at the show? It looks like fun.
Just curious - is the black star above the fireplace of any significance?
I love the synopsis as usual. And I love your jacket you wore to "so you think you can dance". You are so stylish and zesty. And I love how Alice is a crawling blur in one of the pictures. Congratulations on your new camera. I think I might be getting one, but Santa won't tell. Oh, and guess what? I had a dream about you and Denae last night.
I got a camera for Christmas too. Well, I'm telling mu hubby that it really isn't for Christmas because I would be getting a new one whether it was Christmas time or not. A camera is a necessity, not a gift.
So glad you girls had fun at SYTYCD. My aerobics instructor tried out for that show. I guess she is going back to try again. I'll keep you informed.
LOVE the pic of Carl. Don't pics like that just make you fall in love all over again?!?!
I'm glad everyone is indulging themselves, not just me. Really, we all need cameras BEFORE Christmas so we can document, right?
The star doesn't mean anything. It is just decoration at Brigitta's house. Why? What would it mean? That we are SuperStars?
I'm glad you like the leopard jacket, Holly. I think you need one. It makes you feel fierce.
Hey, I didn't know you got a Canon Rebel. I just bought myself one too. My camera got stolen, so my Christmas present came early! I'm impressed you lugged yours to a show. The carrying case alone is like a piece of luggage.
Oh good - I thought that the star meant you were part of a communist movement.
It looks like you guys had a great time at the show. I'm very jealous!
It's fun to see a picture of Alice B - your daughter couldn't have a better namesake.
Love how you got the thrifty bike in there and am very jealous of SO You Think You Can Dance. And is Henry a hoarder?
You guys look like you had a ton of fun at SYTYCD. And I'm so glad you got a new camera so we can have more pictures of people and things at church. Also, did everyone have a blast in Reedley? I need to take my kids to our grandma's farm in Hollister.
Merry Christmas! When you are Mrs. Claus, I think it's important to get yourself something fabulous now and then.
Stie and I discussed the blogosphere, as well, and agreed we would both love to meet and hang out with your wacky clan.
My husband also enjoys wearing socks with sandals...mostly because he has a toenail fungus. Hope your man does not suffer from this same affliction.
Very cool, that you got a new camera. Now have fun taking lots of pics. Also, I didn't realize Henry was 7. Why is he in the CTR 6 class?
Henry's not seven. He's six. I'm a dummy.
Fabulous week. I'm still hating you for going to SYTYCD. How fun!!! I couldn't tell which one was you in the picture either...so hip and young I thought you were some teenie bopper!!
I LOVE SYTYCD. Everytime I hear the John Mayer song, I see all of them dancing in my head... Plus, YAY! I buy myself presents all the time. And I don't even say it's for Christmas... Plus, LORENA! I'm in the Valley of the Sun and would glady party with you and the PP.
Laughing at Jessica's comment re:Henry the hoarder. It's funny cause it's true. How was Neil in real life? Lithe? I am so sad I missed it.
I am so jealous about the SYTYCD show. Was Neil there? And I am blown away by your and Denae's black Friday outing--holy shiz you two are animals!
Two thumbs up for busting out the camera early to capture such memorable moments!!
Oh--so nice to see a pic of Alice B. Yes, we all love her. And your baby, of course. They are both as beautiful as ever!
I've been walking around in my Christmas gift the past few weeks- a pair of boots. Nothing like enjoying the Christmas spirit a little early every year (and perhaps conveniently getting the hubby to forget about the early Christmas gift in order to ensure another gift on the actual Christmas day).
What is it about men and socks with sandals? Mine tried to pull the same thing this weekend in Amish country. Even THERE, I forbid it.
Congrats on the new camera. What else will you be buying yourself for Christmas? That is my kind of shopping.
I love your very stylish SYTYCD outfit! You guys must have had too much fun being SuperFans! Love Carl's socks. And I am on the hunt for a new camera too, I think your "Documenting Christmas" is a great argument! I must try it.
Congrats on your new gift. Hubby has one and loves it. I can't figure the dumb thing out. And it's huge. I prefer my old taped together Kodak Easyshare. I'm such a rookie. I love the self-packing pic. They always remember to get the essentials that mom somehow manages to forget! Too cute!
I am sensing a camera theme here and I too bought one the night I slept at kmart. My husband thinks it is going to my daughter, but me thinks it will end up in my stocking (unless it ends up in my purse first!)
You guys are wild and crazy!
Hope your kids enjoyed the dirt, it is highly under-rated!
I am really jealous that you went to "So you think you can dance"! Do you watch "Dancing with the Stars" (or semi-stars?) too? I am a sucker for those dance shows...
Love Carl's sox!
Post a Comment