Monday, September 24, 2007

Julia, Martha, and Rachael Weep

Because I am very organized, as well as being America's Next Top Chef, here is my menu for the week. If you are looking for some real meals, go see Heather. She'll fix you up.

Monday: Mooch off of the Greenans. The salmon was delish, Mom.

Tuesday: Grilled cheese sandwiches made in the trusty Snackmaster. The strawberries will prevent rickets, right?

Wednesday: More mooching at Grandma's. I hope it is something beefy.

Thursday: Eggs and toast with a side of oranges.

Friday: Pizza with baby carrots. We'll beat scurvy yet.

Saturday: Husband is dining with us! He can fix everyone dinner because I will have escaped from Alcatraz. It better include all four food groups.

Sunday: I guess I will have to cook real food. Do potstickers count?


And for dessert every night ...........

Baby Chocolate!

13 comments:

eBay said...

O I LOVE snackmasters! They are the best invention. If I had someone to mooch meals off of, I would do it. Cooking dinner is my least favorite mom job. Cassarole city. Just throw stuff in with some soup. My kind of cooking.

Celia Fae said...

The only reason I do so much mooching is that I have to haul my heinie 50 miles there and 50 miles back every Mon and Wed for play practice with Grandma. Lucky that I am getting some meals, too.

Paige said...

I'd post my menu but I'd have to know what mom is cooking every night first. I haul my heinie a whole half mile. And I'm not even invited.

*Tanyetta* said...

you are toooooo funny!

i can't wait to come to mommas house to mooch too. make sure you tell her i'm your long lost cousin that she forgot about. :)

Brigitta said...

I'd like some baby chocolate please.

Claire said...

Wasn't that chocolate good? I mean, it tasted like chocclate pudding rolled into a little ball. No wonder Alice went for the whole box.

Hazen5 said...

Momma/Grandma's houses are best for mooching! They don't even mind. Just throw in that their grandbabies had to see them. It gets them evey time. At least your commute is shorter, I've got one in Lindon and one in the O.C. Food tastes much better when your hands aren't the ones that cooked it!

Christie said...

Wow...in all the hot dog and Kraft macaroni & chemical we eat around here, I kinda forgot about scurvy. Guess we'll have to add some vitamins. Thanks for the tip.

martha corinna said...

What's baby chocolate? It looks beautiful worn.
I LOVE to eat--so consequently, I love to cook. Having said that, I usually take the 25 min. trip to my mother's once a week so I can actually sit down to eat some food. Sounds like your mom is just as welcoming as my mom.

Jake said...

I wish my mom lived close enough to mooch off...but she stopped cooking anyway. So oh well. However, my mother-in-law is making apple crisp in my kitchen as we blog.

heidiram said...

50 miles????? That's some mighty play practice dedication! And I complain that baseball practice is 7.5 miles away. No more whining on my end.

Paige said...

I know this blog is fake because there is no mention of the golden arches or BK.

Camille said...

Seriously, I laughed my head off when I read this. You are HILARIOUS!! I found your blog through your sisters, by they way, and oh, can I come join your family? It sounds like a riot!